First impressions

By I think its dead - 15/01/2013 07:33 - Canada - Brandon

Today, I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time. In the entrance way I felt a slight tugging on my jeans. Used to my Doberman tugging when he wants to play, I shoved hard with my foot. I successfully punted their Chihuahua off the ground and into the next room where it landed with a thud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 954
You deserved it 41 443

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sir you have a neck. Looking down isn't illegal

Good first impression! Especially on the dog!

Comments

Look before you leap... or kick, I guess.

skyeyez9 24

Why would you do something like that?! Not everybody owns a doberman who likes to tug on pants legs. Looking down is an easy remedy. Not blindly kicking at something before actually looking down to see what it is. I hope your gf dumped you on the spot.

McAninch35 9

Whoa, killer. Slow your roll there.

mojo5678 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
skyeyez9 24

Some people are Idiots too! Like OP who knows he isnt at his own home, and that tugging sensation would be another type of dog not necessarily a doberman.

Exactly. Some people bite their nails, others kick dogs!

Werken247 14

@27 and you think kicking dogs is a good habit to have? Besides I thought a real habit was that thing Noor's wearing...

28 - Did you even read 27's comment or the fml? Good or bad, if it's a habit then it's not something you think about, it's something that you do subconsciously. And of course 'kicking dogs' is not a good habit but we can't really tell from the fml how hard OP usually nudges his much larger dog. It COULD be a kick but it could also easily be a firm but not-violent push/nudge in a certain direction that happens to affect chihuahuas more than it does dobermen.

skyeyez9 24

I find it ironic that most of you in other fml's where animals get hurt are outraged, but are happy when a defenseless 4lb chihuahua is nearly killed. So you are only animal lovers with certain dogs? And promote hurting, kicking and killing them if they weigh under 10lbs? If you saw a man abusing a small defenseless dog outside, would you keep walking cause its "only a chihuahua" and only man up if its a breed you think is deemed worthy or rescue?

I think you need to read the comments again.

Don't take the internet so seriously, you'll just end up getting upset - oh wait. Too late. Here, have a kleenex and some ice cream. You'll be okay. There there.

You deserve it for shoving the chihuahua and even your own dog..that's cruel.

To a big dog a shove is nothing. Punting a little chia probably looked bad, but I'm sure he wasn't hurt

You shouldn't be kicking dogs anyway.

jogihoppa8343 23

your story reminds of ironhide encountering mojo from the transformers. (Baddd mojo). anyways what was your girlfriend's reaction after that incident??

perdix 29

Why would you shove their dog away in any case? People like it when you take the time to introduce yourself to their dogs and pet them for a while. I can see if you have a fear of dogs, but since you have a Doberman, you evidently don't. Even if you just gently pushed it away immediately, you really missed an easy chance to score points with the parents.

I have medium size dog and I still hold him back by his collar or put him on the leash when someone new enters my home. If someone punted Sid, I'd beat the shit out of them with a shoe. But I also take precautions when introducing him to someone new so accidents like this don't happen. As for feat of dogs, while I agree op probably doesn't have it, for the longest time I feared smaller dogs because one bit the hell out of me when I was little. I was still ok with larger ones through.