First impressions

By I think its dead - 15/01/2013 07:33 - Canada - Brandon

Today, I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time. In the entrance way I felt a slight tugging on my jeans. Used to my Doberman tugging when he wants to play, I shoved hard with my foot. I successfully punted their Chihuahua off the ground and into the next room where it landed with a thud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 954
You deserved it 41 443

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sir you have a neck. Looking down isn't illegal

Good first impression! Especially on the dog!

Comments

People are getting uppity over "excessive force" but you are used to handling a 100+ pound dog. Your forceful shove more than likely doesn't deter him much. When your habit kicked in with a 3 pound Chihuahua there was a much different result. Shit happens. Apologize and try to explain the situation.

I can understand "shoving" a big dog out of the way, but "shoving" a chihuahua generally wouldn't "punt" it across a room. Unless the OP is exaggerating, the force used to "punt" a small dog across the room would potentially be enough force to injure a bigger dog if you hit them in the wrong area. That's not a shove, that's a kick. (And I say this as someone who has owned both big and small dogs in the past.)

If u were my bf, I'd be pretty pissed off at u.

That's what the little bastard gets!! Can't stand those little ankle biters!!

They're ankle biters because they're small? I've owned small dogs that never bit, and the only time I have been bitten was by a large red heeler. :I

No matter how big or small the dog is, you shouldn't be kicking him when he is tugging on your clothes. Whatever happened to pulling your leg away from the dog or saying, "No" firmly? YDI. You should be brought up on animal cruelty charges for kicking dogs.

Idiot!!! :-( I hope the poor dog is okay.

generalasskicker 12

I understand I've done that before

Honestly, I can't stand chihuahuas. That being said maybe next time you're in someone's house you won't feel so... at home.

They're really lovely dogs if an owner knows how to treat them properly. Sadly, too many owners treat chihuahuas like a baby more than a pet so they end up with snappy, growling little menace who reacts badly if you so much as look at it wrong.

My aunt has one who is a different type of menace. Think the walk off of the old perv's dog on family guy, but doing so to rub his wang on everything in sight. It's kind of creepy really.