Favoritism

By Damnlife123 - 21/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I was playing and laughing with my new baby boy. He was giggling, and it was adorable. Out of nowhere, I said, "You're my favorite!" Now I'm sitting here, talking to my two other children about how what I said earlier I didn't mean personally. They never want to talk to me again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 266
You deserved it 130 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hahaha You should, as a parent, know that you're never allowed to say that sentence, dear

xxwilkywayxx 0

Today, I was hanging out with my mother, older brother, and my newborn baby brother. I had been feeling upset and depressed about the new baby because I felt I would be overshadowed by him and I would get no attention. My mother assured me this would not happen and I accepted it. Then she told my baby brother that he was "her favorite." My depression just increased two-fold. FML.

Comments

Wow... Seriously, how could you just "out of nowhere" say something like that? What a bitch. Your kids aren't going to ever forget about it. If you were my mum I'd hate the hell out of you. And personally, having to deal with favouritism in my own family to the point that my mother and I are ignored and uninvited and unvisited, makes us feel awful and inferior. Your kids are going to feel that way for a long time now, if not for the rest of their lives. I feel bad for your kids.

JackFrost 0

I don't think this as is big of a deal as people are making it out to be. She was involved in a cute, bonding moment, and "You're my favorite!" is actually a somewhat common phrase to say when you're playing with a baby. It just sucks that your other kids were in ear-shot. As SOON as you realized that, you should have followed it with "....baby!" and then said something "You're my favorite middle child" and "You're my favorite oldest child!"

Maybe you should be helping your kids instead of posting on F my life.

You could shorten this significantly: "Today, I realized I have three children, FML."

What were you, all insecure that your mothers didn't love you equally? How can you have such doubts. She saaid ONE THING. Grow the hell up :)

kel_riv 0

aw don't worry, I get it. I've begun a habit of saying "you're my favourite!" to certain people when I'm drunk. it doesn't mean like "you're my favourite out of all my friends" it's just like... when someone says something really funny or interesting, that's the way I acknowledge it. though, ngl, it really sucks you said it to your newborn in front of your other kids.

why would you say that? that's mad crazy, and I honestly misread it as "my new baby toy". sounds more appropriate! I'm not a parent so I can't judge you (too much) but even I know that's one thing you never say. how dumb can you get?

iPikachu 0

Wow. Nice fail. YDI, definately. Plus its more an F their life instead of yours, I mean their parent just said they have a favorite kid and it wasn't them. Definately F their life.

**clap......clap.......clap** you just won parent of the year.