Disneyworld

By onlyme - 25/10/2012 02:36 - United States

Today, my friend and I were walking home when we saw a patch of wet cement. Taking a page out of every single Disney movie ever made, we wrote our names in it. What Disney movies don't show is when the neighbors tattle on you and you have to pay $500 to get the cement redone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 423
You deserved it 34 776

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've ALWAYS wanted to do that... But until now I didn't expect it to cost me $500.

Comments

Epic idea, but poorly thought out. Did you seriously think there wouldn't be any consequences?

flockz 19

seeing as how your name is "onlyme", you referred to every Disney movie for making it ok to commit a crime, and complaining how the neighbors "tattle" on you, i am going to assume you are pretty self centered and/or immature baby. how did mom and dad like that $500 bill? because i'm assuming you didn't pay it.

It was illegal...but it still sucks. I suppose quite how much you deserved it depends on just how large you wrote your name though I imagine it wasn't too obnoxious if you were trying to be cute/romantic. I wonder if they make you pay if you accidentally step on it? And guys, surely the most obvious film is Lady and the Tramp?

15: I've stepped on concrete and I didn't get fined, and I was wearing pretty distinctive shoes. New Rocks. They left a very clear mark (oops). Then again it could just be that nobody saw, or that they realised it was an accident and didn't report it.

Did I fall asleep during that part of Mulan?

I must've done the same thing while watching The Lion King...

Everyone needs to lighten up. Who wouldn't be tempted to have their name permanently on the concrete? That's a fun memory. Your neighbors are jerks OP. Its not like you drew a penis or tagged your gang. Sheesh

I agree. If I saw someone writing in concrete I would not give a shit at all, much less call the cops.

maronofhearts 19

If you want your name in cement do it on your own property not someone else's They have every right to be upset I wouldn't want some strangers name on my property. Maybe you'd change your mind if you had to pay for it to be done and then redone. People have other things to do that redoing messes some kid makes they have deadlines and other projects have some respect.

Vball6 19

So if someone wrote on your concrete, you wouldn't care or try to fix it? And concrete is expensive. If you really want to write on concrete don't bother others with it.

It doesn't say it was the neighbor's property. And yeah there are other projects respect and all that but they're kids! They live on that street too. It's a neighborhood not a store or park. It's their space too and it's not hurting anyone. No one's house ever went down in value because of an "A+D forever" etched in the concrete.

How does one "take a page out of a movie" exactly?

Although, interestingly, most Disney movies made while Walt Disney was alive had no script. Walt provided the direction to the production.

Ah, I remember wanting to do that when I was a young pup. I also remember stacking it on a rocky path as I raced to stand in said wet cement with plastic bags on my feet. (It was so the coppers couldn't detect me by my footprints) The massive scar on my knee reminds me everyday of that failed adventure :')

Me and 2 others did that once.... thing is we asked the construction workers... they didnt care. Thats been there since 2004 and no one got in trouble. FYL OP, some people are just messed up

When my parents and I first moved into our new house back in 1994, they let me write my name and the date in the newly laid concrete of the sidewalk to commemorate the occasion. Big difference: It was OUR property. Why would you do something like that on a public sidewalk? And to write your own name knowing (presumably) you were doing something illegal....

CoolChik 5

You are a dumbass. And that is NOT in every Disney movie ever written, so you are a double dumbass. That is all.