Decisions, decisions

By Anonymous - 08/07/2020 17:00

Today, my marriage is one week away. Despite all the challenges we faced during COVID, we powered through everything. Today is also the day my work decided to tell me they're letting me go. I now have to either go on my improvised honeymoon or job hunt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 614
You deserved it 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bloopaloop 27

Definitely honeymoon. Start that shit off right. What say you fellow voters?

DukavichIsADick 3

Go on your honeymoon. Job hunt online during and/or when you come back

Comments

bloopaloop 27

Definitely honeymoon. Start that shit off right. What say you fellow voters?

Marcella1016 31

I think OP can do both. Like someone else said, file for unemployment first, then go on your honeymoon. Spend a couple hours each day applying for jobs. The two don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Also FYL OP, that really sucks :(

DukavichIsADick 3

Go on your honeymoon. Job hunt online during and/or when you come back

Where the hell do you think you're going? You're going to be doing both by Zoom so you don't have to choose between lame honeymoon and awkward interviews.

The jobs aren’t there. Go on whatever you can salvage of a honeymoon then get down to trying to find another job.

tounces7 27

File for unemployment then go on the honeymoon. You'll make more than enough for the time being.

Mathalamus 24

I'm not sure if people are insane or just privileged. Find a job. A honeymoon is, in fact, optional.

I agree with you. My assumption is that most people on FML are very young....

rotflqtms_ 21

Finding a job, especially right now, is going to be difficult unless you're an essential worker... Just saying... if the honeymoon was already paid for and OP got fired, they can file for unemployment, safely go on the honeymoon (as long as they're practicing good social distancing and not doing anything to catch covid from others) job hunt while on the honeymoon, and when they come back, they can continue searching for jobs. Don't think it'll be super easy to find one, so odds are they'll be able to take the honeymoon and still be looking for a job after it's over. Never been married, never had a honeymoon, but if you got fired, you got fired. Make the most out of life, but be SAFE! Dont go to overpopulated places. Don't go to crowded places. Drive to the honeymoon destination if possible or just make the honeymoon a quarantine honeymoon...because...I mean...who cares where you're honeymooning if you're just gonna be in the room all the time anyway? Right?

You realize that they will make more on unemployment than their current job right?

ThatWeirdoChick 2

it's not being privileged or insane. jobs are hard enough to get now anyway and if op's already paid for whatever honeymoon they could scrape together, it's an experience that the op will regret missing. it's not as if op is quitting a job to go on the honeymoon so bright side the crap out of the situation.

Or have the honeymoon and job hunt after.

A honeymoon is a vacation. You can get married without a honeymoon - But it’s hard to live long without a job. OP - Really bad timing, but that’s life.

these comments make it clear why we have a debt crisis is north America.... don't go on any trip save the money, once you get a job go on a honeymoon. you'll enjoy it more without having to think about returning home to no job and less money anyway. also, why travel during a pandemic?