Customer service is hell

By Helpful Smile - 20/05/2014 23:50 - United States - Davenport

Today, after my bosses excitedly told me I'm getting promoted to customer service at our grocery store, a customer called me an idiot in the parking lot for accidentally backing into the shopping cart she left in my blind spot. So it begins… FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 126
You deserved it 5 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Keep your head up OP, good for you for getting a promotion. Not all customers will be that nasty.

I hope there was no damage to your car! Some people can be such assholes.

Comments

FranklySpeaking 11

Customer seems like a real douche. I'm going to assume the customer wasn't purposely trying to have OP hit the cart. Instead, I'm calling the customer a douche for leaving a cart just any old where. What's so hard about going the extra few feet to return a cart?

And so the sign begins going up [company name] is not responsible for damage to cars from shopping carts

Sucks you're going to have to deal with idiots at work, but you should always check your blind spot when reversing. Imagine if a toddler had just ran into your blind spot.

Customers will be assholes, there is nothing you can do but ignore them. And on the side note, if that happened to me, I would continue to back up.

Probably the reason why your boss is so excited is that he won't have to deal with the clueless dumb ass customers on a daily basis. He will only have to deal with the extreme idiots that want to go above your head. Best of luck OP.

Perdition25 12

I work at a grocery store, and actually, the customer is usually wrong and this is no exception. They are bad when it comes to putting the cart in the places set up for them so you are not blocking a parking space with it.

I work at a grocery store, I know what this is like lol. This has happened to me before

Blind spot? What are you driving, a semi? It's up to you. YDI.

oh it gets better, The customer will remind you every day of what your job is and how you should be doing it. Then your boss, who taught you how he wants it done, will change his mind and blame you.