Customer service is hell

By Helpful Smile - 20/05/2014 23:50 - United States - Davenport

Today, after my bosses excitedly told me I'm getting promoted to customer service at our grocery store, a customer called me an idiot in the parking lot for accidentally backing into the shopping cart she left in my blind spot. So it begins… FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 126
You deserved it 5 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Keep your head up OP, good for you for getting a promotion. Not all customers will be that nasty.

I hope there was no damage to your car! Some people can be such assholes.

Comments

askullnamedbilly 33

The customer's an asshole, but your blind spot is the reason why you have to turn around and look behind you before backing up. Next time, some inattentive parent could leave their kid standing in the parking lot and then you're going to have to deal with more than a dent in your car and a stupid comment.

OP might have a vehicle where the windows are higher than a cart, like a truck or SUV. At which point they could look around. 360 degrees and still not see it.

Epikouros 31

So SUVs are allowed to run over little kids?

If somebody sets a little kid behind your vehicle once you're already in it, then yes. We don't know that somebody didn't leave it there once OP was in the car already.

askullnamedbilly 33

Nonono. You're never allowed to run over a person, no matter where they were when you got into the car. It's your responsibility to avoid any and all accidents, even if people don't obey traffic laws or don't pay attention to where you're going. That's your responsibility as a driver, and it really doesn't matter what kind of car you drive. If you run over a pedestrian, you didn't pay enough attention to your surroundings.

Steve95401 49

Be careful what you wish for as you may get it.

crazytwinsmom 25

This was just a test that mgmt put on to get OP going on their new job.

"Just smile and wave, boys...." Wouldn't it be a pity if a masked stranger came by the following week and slashed the poor customer's tyres?

rylaii 26

Tires but hey you tryed right

And I am a British Australian. But hey, you *tried right.

Because you're not responsible for anything in your blind spot, right?... And why would the customer care if you backed YOUR car into a cart?

Again I'll say it. OP might drive a larger vehicle like a truck or SUV, they might not be able to see a cart even if they looked around 360 degrees.

askullnamedbilly 33

Or for ****'s sake A7XCamaro, no one cares if you drive a truck or SUV, you're still responsible if you run something or someone over. Stop reposting it every time someone brings up that OP should pay attention - because they SHOULD. A small child is not any bigger than a shopping cart, and if you run one of those over, the excuse "But sir, I decided to buy a large vehicle and didn't feel like being extra careful to make up for its disadvantages" is not going to appease anyone.

Customer in this case is right. You check your blind spot before doing anything besides driving straight. That's driving 101, and YDI

Again I'll say it. OP might drive a larger vehicle like a truck or SUV, they might not be able to see a cart even if they looked around 360 degrees. Customer isn't right, customers an idiot either way for leaving their cart behind someone else's vehicle, it's called being an ass.

BS! If a vehicle's blind spot cannot be checked, that vehicle would of been declared unfit to drive.

Then he should take extra precautions and walk around the vehicle before reversing.

I'm going to assume you meant blind not black. As I've said on other posts OP may drive a larger vehicle like a truck or SUV at which point they might be able to look around 360 degrees and not see a cart that's lower than their windows.

People like that are why I try to back in or pull through whenever possible. I find it's much easier to have to back into the spot than to try and back out with all the idiots that don't pay attention or just don't give a damn if you're coming out or not.

I've never heard if it being called a black spot before, it does actually make more sense really, what most call their blind spot isn't really blind, it's the one directly behind or at the very front that's truly blind. What we need is for OP to come in and explain a little more before it can truly be said whether it's deserved or not.