Checks out

By Asirual - 02/05/2011 18:02 - United States

Today, while handing out business cards to promote my new dog grooming business, I stopped to talk to a potential client. She let me get all the way through my 15-minute speech, before bothering to tell me she didn't have a dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 406
You deserved it 13 190

Same thing different taste

Doghouse

By Krissi - 21/08/2023 14:00 - United States

Today, I was late for a video conference with my boss. As I frantically tried to fix my messy hair, my dog thought it was the perfect time to play fetch. I ended up joining the meeting with a squeaky toy in hand and an appearance that would make a scarecrow look put together. My boss found it hilarious, but I'm pretty sure my career aspirations are now in the doghouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 332
You deserved it 470

Top comments

amberita28 0

So you had a whole 15 minute conversation about your pet grooming business and you didn't bother asking her any questions? Especially important ones like, "So, what kind of dog do you own?"

10_4Franky 0

At least she was polite and let you finish your spiel. She wasn't being a bitch.

Comments

coldspider3 6

now all u gotta do is convince her to get a dog :)

tabby312 0

haha itS funny how she was listening to that the whole time

missy76518 0

solicitors never listen to begin with. Then when u say no. they still blabbing and talking. ask would u like to learn about my grooming business before blabbing on. if all asked there would be a yes or no and in and out that quick!

LibraLove 0

she probably just wanted to hear how good u were st your speech that's all.

because in the dog grooming business, they need to know exactly the length of your dogs hair/fur so they can fix it up to a precise perfection? I have no idea. I'm confused about this FML...

It doesn't sound like a very good spiel if you didnt at least get that little piece information from them. You should have simply engaged in a light, simple, informative conversation that seamlessly weaved in the information from your "speech" in. Even if she doesnt have a dog, its good to get the word out, and appearing more organic in your approach might be the difference between "Ah, well this nice dog groomer just opened shop, I was talking to her earlier, she seems really nice." and "Theres this new dog groomer that just opened shop...she seems really stuck up and weird."

Your comment is.. Long to say the least. I kinda fazed out on 'Spiel'. Sorry about that.

why'd you bother commenting then? other than to be a dick.

xoxoMEGANxoxo 13