Cheat!

By cat lady - 07/01/2016 03:38 - United States - Netcong

Today, I found out the reason why my cat would sometimes go outside for days at a time was because when she would go out, my neighbor would lure her in with cat treats and keep her there for up to 2 days. She's an indoor cat now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 956
You deserved it 2 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

I had a neighbor try to steal my dog once. He had gotten outside without a leash (we were still trying to get him used to the area; he'd get lost if he was out on his own) and she picked him up while she was driving in her car and was about to take him home. My dad had been walking around and stopped her car to ask if she had seen our dog, and she said no. My dad noticed she had something in a towel and asked what it was, and that's when our dog barked and stuck his head out. Our dog is meant to help my dad with his PTSD and this random lady was about to just take him from us. Some people are really inconsiderate of others and will pick up and keep any animal they think is cute.

BloodyGlass 10

Did you rip that bitch a new one and threaten her with the police if she tried to steal your cat again?

Comments

countryb_cth 38

That's awful. I know a few months back my Auntys cat had a litter of kittens and she had been seeing her neighbor in her yard and field a lot after they were born (She lives on a farm.) Then one day she came home and the neighbor had stolen all the female kittens. My aunt was soo mad, she ended up getting the kittens back but the neighbor now keeps them inside. The nerve of some people though is shocking.

How did the neighbor keep them inside if your Aunt got them back?

countryb_cth 38

I ran out of time to edit. I meant that one my aunt got the kittens back and then the neighbor stole them again so now the neighbor keeps them inside her house.

Had a neighbour try to do that to my cat years ago. She thought it was awful we had got a second cat and that it wasn't fair on my one, so fed him and made a general fuss, trying to get him to stay. She did this for weeks until my dad walked by her window and saw him asleep on her sofa. A few not-so-polite words later and she never did it again. She did, however, threaten to call the RSPCA on us for cruelty (again, her reason was we had gotten a second cat for my sister and this was abuse in her eyes!)

jessica_walker 10

that neighbor sounds like an idiot. cats are social creatures and having more than one is a good thing. cats need the company of other cats.

Ehhh cats are weird. They are both social and loners. My friend had three cats, two of them inside/outside and they all got along just fine, while my cats are both from my friend's inside cat and they can get kinda pissy when they get together. I've had those cats for seven years, and the only time they weren't pissy was when they had a common enemy.

I would have called the cops on her, she may try to do the same thing to someone else

Okay, I'll probably get down vote for this but this is a huge reason why cats should ALWAYS be kept inside. Cats are awful for the environment. They kill everything all the time. They are also in a lot more danger outside. Besides kidnapping, there are cars, punks who like to torture animals, wild animals and other cats, diseases, parasites, traps. You name it. Cats are not wild animals. They are man made domesticated creatures and they absolutely shouldn't be outside. At least without a leash or some kind of containment. Honestly, I don't know why there aren't laws about it like there are for dogs and other animals.

My family had an outdoor cat when I was little and a drunk guy shot him. I'd never have outdoor cats again.

Cats are domesticated, yes. But they're domesticated to be outdoors. With the exception of rich people, cats were usually used to do things like keep vermin out of the barn and food storage areas.

THANK YOU. Outdoor cats actually are illegal in some areas, including the county where I grew up because they decimate wildlife so badly. I would never let my cats outside, and many rescues require an adopted cat to be indoors only, because of cars, wild animals, malicious people, feline leukemia, feline AIDs, etc. Feline leukemia is always fatal, and is easily transmissible by saliva and other bodily fluids.

Yeah, our old neighborhood had one outdoor cat. Just one. Every single baby bird that hatched was killed. Every nest of bunnies someone was taking care to mow faaaar around...the cat would show up and kill every single one. Not to mention the one ladies koi pond. Thing is, the cat wasn't hungry, he'd just kill them and leave them. I love cats, but I hated that one.

mgrazi99 13

My family has three outdoor cats and we still have abundant wildlife around. There are always tons of baby bunnies and birds come spring. Just because that cat was a dick doesn't mean all outdoor cats are

All outdoor cats kill lots of things. You're just not seeing it. It's not a question of them being dicks. They are just wired that way.

Since your comment will probably be downvoted and hidden I just want to say I agree wholeheartedly. Whatever the reason for their breeding they are rarely in an environment devoid of other people. I would never hurt an animal but it's not fun when you discover your vegetable garden smells like a litter box or you see Garfield from across the street carrying the corpse of a wild rabbit that liked to run around your yard at night. Between the health issues that free range kitties have to deal with and the number of nutjobs out there my sympathy is gradually being replaced by pity for the cats and anger at the owner when they fail to come back or get sick.

Yes man made. Siamese and tabby cats don't exist in the wild just the same as German shepherds and boxers don't.

The key word is "were". There are other ways to target and control rodents without starting another pest problem with cats

No, you're absolutely right, because cats reproduce so quickly their population is very out of control and currently they are of great threat to animals in the environment (like rodents and birds). My cat is strictly indoor, but we do take him out on a leash. All shelters in my area ask people to keep their cats indoors.

We have a forest by our house. We don't let her out at night, but our cat always comes back after a while of we let her outside. And cats don't kill EVERYTHING. In fact, they kill less than wind cats do.

We have four tame barn cats that will only eat barn swallows, mice, and cat food. They won't even look at any other types of birds or animals. They roam free around our farm, and like to be outside in the woods except for around milking time. We also have three stray cats that showed up a couple years ago and live in our shed. They eat any mice that try to hide in the feed shed durning winter and otherwise eat the cat food we set out for them daily. There are always hundreds of birds around, and plenty of other animals in the woods. Cats hunt to eat when their hungry, most of them don't just kill to kill animals and will only hunt for food. So please continue to talk about how ALL cats kill ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING they see and shouldn't be let outside without a leash.

Browncoat4life 1

People who have outdoor cats are rude and disrespectful to their neighbors. I am deathly allergic to cats and the last time I tried to do yardwork my own front yard I had to go to the ER because there was so much cat hair in the weeds. You don't see my dog going in their yard every day, but yet for some reason they are allowed to let their cats use my yard as a litter box, not cool.

Better off to keep them indoors anyway. Keeps them safe from crazies.

Personally speaking if you have good enough evidence I'd call the cops. People are insane.

I stole a cat once. I'd seen him for 2-3 weeks with a bad paw injury. Thought he was a stray so took him home and called the RSPCA. Ended up with partial amputation but his owner got him back. She hadn't taken him to the vet in years.

That's depressing that the owner got him back :( I hate pet owners like that. If you can't afford vet bills, you can't afford a pet.

I wouldn't really consider that "stealing." I mean, you had good intentions when taking it (I presume) and you were able to help it. That's awful that it had to go back to its neglectful owner though.