Charming dude

By unzucht - 30/05/2012 16:45 - Romania - Bucharest

Today, my wife and I convened our families for a joint dinner, followed by me breaking the news that my wife is pregnant. My father visibly scoffed, and my grandfather spent the rest of the evening muttering to him about how "breeders should be shot". Wonderful. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 722
You deserved it 2 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Not exactly the Nelson family, huh? COngrats, hope you have a healthy baby!

CinnamonRugby 5

This is what happens when you reproduce! Tsk Tsk.

grandpa is a cranky old bastard isn't he? your wife must feel so loved!

They scoffed because they know you were born sterile. It runs in the family.

Considering that there are already close to 7 billion people on the planet (and counting), and that the planet cannot sustain that many people, grandpa is kinda right. I wouldn't put it in quite those words, though.

Aaw... People don't like to hear the truth. :'(

WearingHats 14

The planet can sustain that many people. If it couldn't, that many people wouldn't be alive would they?

It can't sustain that many people for long; it is not sustainable. Too many non-renewable resources are being used because there are too many people. Soon, if changes aren't made, there will be almost none of these resources left, which will result in a mass depletion, if not extinction, of human population.

WearingHats 14

Then the "problem" isn't worth worrying about. If the population becomes unsustainable then people will die off. That's nature. Breed on good people!

Well good luck with that, then. We can mitigate the problem, but not with the ignorance you seem to have mastered.

TheDrifter 23

It's pragmatism. 2 billion people live in regions with a sustainable population, the rest do not. The longer people cry about poverty and waste redources trying to sustain those populations the worse off the global ecosystem is. Get over yourself and let nature run its course.

At the rate we're going we can hit 12 billion people in around 2050 which is the maximum level the earth can contain.

You're right about the population thing, but it's the person's choice and there's nothing wrong with extending your family.

Is this the commie hating grandpa from the other FML. Cause he seems pretty damn funny.

Drew167 8

Your grandfather is a breeder as well.

Hey, if you guys are happy, then what's the big deal? Your family might even be accepting to the baby once they get used to it being around!

KiddNYC1O 20