Kids love that sort of repetition

By Vicky Cain - 15/06/2021 21:01 - Isle of Man - Douglas

Today, my child thinks it's hilarious to continuously pour his entire Lego collection all over the floor. When I tidy it away, he does it all over again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 399
You deserved it 678

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And it's time to say, "Next time, they're going away." Then you put them away for a week. The time after that, you put them away for a month. When you give them back after a month, you tell hi, "Next time I'll make you throw them away." Then you follow through. Essentially, you've trained your kid to know there aren't any consequences to this behavior. Time to fix it.

That’s when you tell them “next time, they will be taken away” and when they do it, place them in a clear locked container and put it on a shelf where they can see it and can’t play with them.

Comments

And it's time to say, "Next time, they're going away." Then you put them away for a week. The time after that, you put them away for a month. When you give them back after a month, you tell hi, "Next time I'll make you throw them away." Then you follow through. Essentially, you've trained your kid to know there aren't any consequences to this behavior. Time to fix it.

I give your son credit for standing his ground at a young age. He's already practicing how to establish a perimeter. Next, he will soon practice reconnaissance. Prepare to hide your stuff, OP. Your son is a future spy.

That’s when you tell them “next time, they will be taken away” and when they do it, place them in a clear locked container and put it on a shelf where they can see it and can’t play with them.

DoctorPALO 14

My kid had moon sand and was constantly leaving the mess for me to clean up. I told him if he didn't clean it up, next time I'd throw it away. He didn't so I swept it up and threw it away. He cried and it broke my heart, but he learned that I mean what I say.

I don't have kids but even I know better than to keep cleaning it up for this to happen again. Time to put them away where he can't get to them for at least a week. How old is he, anyway? Probably old enough to know better if he has Legos.

Ambrily 27

Take the Legos away for a while and start making the child clean up, instead of doing it for him.

xxlk4xx 6

you definitely aren't alone here! I have to keep the lego high up on a shelf and my kids have to ask to play with it, then before it gets taken out they have to clean up any cluttered toys on the living room floor and table and once they've got the lego out if they don't pick up lego dropped on the floor it will get swept up into the garbage. they're slowly getting better about picking it up right away if it falls on the floor

randybryant799 20

Take them away from him. You're the parent. Do your job.