But mah freedumbs!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2013 10:23 - Canada

Today, I was screamed at and told that I was denying someone's "second amendment" by not letting him through with a gun. I work at the border; he was trying to enter Canada. This is not the first time, and it probably won't be the last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 049
You deserved it 5 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boycrazy30007 12

As an American I would like to say, thank god we're not all idiots.

If we step onto your land, we own it. Wait, that's not how it works?

Comments

blackvyper 8

Canadians are just generic Americans anyway.

You sir are very ignorant. You mean to tell me you legitimately know people who think slaughter is ok? Pro gun rights does not mean "I have the right to kill anyone I want"

I don't think these people realize that Canada is a different country.

mansen 15

Sadly, some people do not. When I worked for AT&T wireless customer service, aka hell, I would have people calling in bitching about roaming charges for using their phone in Mexico and Canada. They truly believed that the two countries were part of the U.S.A. It boggles the mind sometimes.

RedPillSucks 31

I understand being pissed about the roaming charges. They're all under the same North American numbering plan (including the Caribbean islands). This makes it seem like everything is uniform and should be billed that way. I'm not saying they're right, I just understand why some people do this.

Please make sure you understand people's views before you comment on them. The pro-gun rights crowd are not "pro-gun violence." They are against gun violence. They argue that gun rights actually reduce gun violence, because it puts more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens so they can protect themselves from violent people who obtain guns illegally. I'm not trying to start a debate here. I'm just clarifying what you don't understand.

What about the pro-environment and pro-endangered animals people? Aren't they for shark attacks, bear attacks, and trees falling on houses then?

Don't be silly. Rednecks don't want to leave their own towns, let alone leave their country. That's where the ~foreigners~ are.

and "communists" and :shivers: liberals

KellyPeterson92 10

Ugh, people like that make me ashamed to be an American. Originally written, the 2nd amendment only mentions that the militia has the right to bear arms, " A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." They added individual rights in '08 because of court cases..

"the right of the people to keep and bare arms shall be infringed." How is it you wrote that out and don't understand it? Yes, the amendment mentions militias, but it specially says "people," in that phrase, not "militia."

shall *not be infringed. Oops. That was a pretty important word to forget. My bad.

Man, I started reading these comments and completely forgot what the FML itself was. Woo for getting off topic!

Steve95401 49

Americans, by and large, are ignorant about our own constitution. Expecting them to realize that it doesn't even apply in Canada is asking way too much.

And what exactly leads to that ignorant, over-generalized conclusion? The fact that one man doesn't understand exactly what the 2nd Amendment means?