But mah freedumbs!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2013 10:23 - Canada

Today, I was screamed at and told that I was denying someone's "second amendment" by not letting him through with a gun. I work at the border; he was trying to enter Canada. This is not the first time, and it probably won't be the last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 049
You deserved it 5 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boycrazy30007 12

As an American I would like to say, thank god we're not all idiots.

If we step onto your land, we own it. Wait, that's not how it works?

Comments

at least he did not open fire after your display of terrorist behaviour ...

I hate to burst your bubble but stupid people span the globe.

Please excuse my above comment, it was meant to go to the person hating on all Americans.

Yep you just proved that point, didn't ya

bamagrl410 31

Why do I still live in this country... People are going to hate me on sight when I visit another country. You just can't fix stupid. Sorry, OP

KiddNYC1O 20

Wth... Lol. Not everybody everywhere hates Americans. Travel while you can! The world is beautiful!!

A lot of people hate American tourists, you're often just too obnoxious to realise.

But you love our money, don't you 119? So you'll just shut up and keep kissing our asses and shining our helmets - all for the money. What does that make you?

You should exercise your surrogate first amendment rights and tell him he's a ******* idiot.

Based on their logic, they would probably argue that he's Canadian, and therefore doesn't have freedom of speech.

25, you're 17. Sorry, you have to be this tall to enter the ride.

Wait, let me get this straight. I have no say in this because of my age? How the **** does that make any sense? Age has nothing to do with level of intelligence or capacity for knowledge, so your argument is moot and frankly, I don't appreciate your condescending attitude. So if you don't mind, I'll carry on. But thanks for your concern.

I must have skipped over your age when reading your profile before, I always assumed you were early or mid 20's based on your comments. Pretty much entirely affirms your comment about age.

How could he? If memory serves me right, Americans condemned Piers from exercising his regarding gun control.

25 is right, there are plenty of people who don't think their human rights are rights when applied to other people. They believe that simply because they're in America, they're privileged to have those rights.

MITM - That was sort of my point (hence the "surrogate" first amendment rights).

ManIntheMachine is older than me?!?!?!? :O

whoops i meant... ManIntheMachine is younger than me?!?!?!? :O

sailorzoe 14

Sorry, just hunting for Canooks.

If only they were in season. But, alas, they're a protected species. However, when I lived up there as a kid and they found out I was a Yankee, I had to fight enough of them that I should get a pass and be allowed to hunt them year round.

Why can't people understand that the rights guaranteed by their government ends at their country's boarders? It's not that hard of a concept is it?

MooseKnuckle5150 13

While you are right, it's funny that the other side of the argument is that so many people also don't understand that our rights don't apply to non-citizens who are here illegally.

@52- Not entirely correct. There are a number of constitutionally-guaranteed rights that protect those who are in the US illegally, just as they protect citizens. Also *border.

error404n0tf0und 21

I guess that is Canada bad!

You mean the US constitution doesn't apply in Canada? NO WAY!!!

But I need protection from hockey hooligans .... dumbass

Canada should just accept the fact that it's like America's little brother, and should obey all American commands. O.o haha

Canada is the commonwealth version of USA. We have the same rights and freedoms, just health care and more jobs available!

48, The Canadian government rejects people with health issues that they deem to expensive to take on.

Haha, America is the older brother sure. America makes all the mistakes and goes through everything first, giving younger brother Canada an opportunity to sit back and learn what NOT to do. Sure America gets to feel like it has some sort of power over Canada, but that's just because it's larger and older. Canada seems perfectly content to give America that small bit of joy because it sees how pathetic America really is. In the meantime Canada enjoys not being overpopulated, undereducated, unresourceful, and broken. Americans can think they're bigger and better than Canadians all day every day, but let's just remember what happened last time the two fought. Seems a certain white house went up in flames. But Americans are superior...lol.

You do know that the Canadians lit the White House on fire in retaliation for the Americans doing the exact same thing to them first, right?

kittykatkassie 6

If by larger you mean land mass... Canada is definitely bigger. If you mean population and obesity rates. Then yeah, America is definitely larger.

Yes, well this little brother Canada burned down your White House in 1812. We are the TOP hat of America. You "big brother" can go **** yourself. There is a reason you America's pretend to be Canadian when you visit European countries, you are ignorant and impolite.

The States isn't an example. Its a warning. Thusly, WE are mommy's favorite.

I thought it was the British that burned the White House. I didn't know there was ever a war between Canada and the USA. When was it?

Technically, it wasn't Canada as confederation happened in 1867. It was a war between British controlled Canada vs the US

olpally 32

What a ******* moron. Sheesh. Thanks for protecting our borders op.