Boozehound

By Anonymous - 26/12/2011 09:55 - United States

Today, my once-alcoholic mom told me that she would sell me for a shot of vodka. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 858
You deserved it 2 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vodka? She could probably sell you for better than that.

Don't do it. Get at least 4 shots. Pass them around.

Comments

FMLsOhilarious 6

What a loving, caring parent you've got there.

Whats with parents and giving their kids away for stuff like alcohol and drugs?? I sense that your mum will break over a pint of guiness...

testthecoal 5

That must be a Guinness world record

perdix 29

You must be a shit kid. If you were worth a damn, she'd hold out and sell you for a whole bottle!

FMLsOhilarious 6

#22 Because that makes her so much better as a parent.

If she's that desperate, she'll sell her for a nice warm lager.

#23 Because perdix was obviously giving serious advice on better parenting.

ZDK5498 6

hopefully she was joking.... even if it was a joke it still hurts... judging that she once was an alcoholic makes it a bit messed up because who would clown around about something so serious?

Not "once an alcoholic". You don't ever stop being an alcoholic. This sounds like a woman battling a serious addiction struggling on a bad day. OP, don't make it about you. It sounds personal but it isn't really. If she's generally a good mum, show her a little sympathy in the tougher moments. I'm certain it doesn't feel good but it's better that she's honest about her struggle.

Just because she doesn't drink anymore doesn't mean she is no longer an alcoholic. That's something that stays with you for life. And as I'm sure she was joking about selling you for a shot of vodka, she was probably serious about wanting a shot of vodka so you should recommend she goes to AA.