Bitch Better Have My Money

By kitkat1740 - 17/11/2015 00:21 - United States - Concord

Today, I called my boss to ask if my paycheck had been deposited yet. He said no, that my grandmother came in to work and picked it up. Confused, I called her. She is holding it ransom until I start calling home every day. I do, but she gets so drunk, she doesn't remember. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 298
You deserved it 1 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

Is it legal to release the check to someone other than you?

Well, why not visit when she's drunk and take it back?

Comments

sabrinaMA 7

Pretty sure that's illegal. Don't give a damn who it is, that would have you permanently removed from my life real quick. Call the cops on her. Send a complaint in to bbb on your boss for his stupidity and have him void the check and make you a new one. Or you can just be a complete idiot and let people walk all over you, in that case, sucks to be you.

Hunkapoo 19

Tell your boss what happened and request that they ask for proof of ID next time someone takes your check and if it's not you they can't have it. I didn't know it was legal to pick up a check that's not yours

Is that legal? Maybe direct deposit wouldn't be a bad idea

I thought it was illegal for anyone else to pick up your paycheck. You may need to do some investigating about that. Also you need to have a talk with your boss about NOT giving your paycheck to anyone but you.

ashley468 19

How did he even know that was your real grandma??

Why would your boss let your grandmother take the check in the first place?

It is illegal for anyone to pick up a check not issued to them without written permission from the person whose name is on the check. If your grandmother had no legal authorization to pick up that check - tell her that unless she gives it over immediately, you will call the police. Also look in to why your boss allowed her to take the check in the first place. If she does have the authorization, stop that authorization immediately.

ViviMage 38

Advise your boss she is not legally allowed to claim it, stop payment and reissue. If she can pick it up, end authorization. I have my pay direct deposited into my bank account. Consider that so there is no paper check to be held at ransom.

shortcake18 15

Tell her if she doesn't give it back she can forget about seeing you for Christmas.