By Unemployed - 21/09/2009 17:08 - United States

Today, my grandma picked up the phone. It was a man asking to speak to me. Instead of giving me the phone she decides to hang up on him, thinking it was some guy trying to "get with me." It turned out to be the call I've been waiting all week for... a call from a huge company about a job offer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 746
You deserved it 2 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ow Why do you live with your grandma anyway? Parents are where its at

Had an elderly aunt living with us. She was forbidden to answer the phone. Set up the same parameters with your grandma, unless she's paying the bills.

Comments

Ouch. Probably should pick up the phone yourself when waiting for important calls...

kill your grandma, she has nothing to live for anyway, when the cops come , you just say "she wanted me to help her commit suicide, so I did and she also signed here with her signature." (film her doing it). this case would fall under Euthanasia there fore you are innocent of any charge. Good luck with the job!

Reyo 2

Call them back call them back FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP CALL THEM BACK!

Ow Why do you live with your grandma anyway? Parents are where its at

normandin131 0

Who wouldn't want to live with their grandparents? Chocolate chip cookies every day man! Well, according to Mitchell Davis anyway. My grandparents are lazier then that though... They buy cookies.

maybe grandparents were just visiting? mine come over and pick up my phone when theyre there lol

fadedmemories14 0

I live with my grandmother and my parents. Mine picks up the phone when she's in the house [she lives in a cottage in the back].

Time for grandma to forget how many pills she's taken today... How do you know who called?? If you know it's the job Co., call em back and explain.

HOLY SHIT! AND I'M REDBLUEGREEN! :D We deserve an award...

Can I get an award? I'm in an exclusive club called "Humans". Pretty sure that deserves some trophy or medal. XD

All humans are allowed a reward. No aliens though. With their neon heads...

well, at least you avoided getting rejected.

Had an elderly aunt living with us. She was forbidden to answer the phone. Set up the same parameters with your grandma, unless she's paying the bills.

spiderman0606 0

That's pretty mean. You should respect the elderly, not degrade them.

Except in this case the grandmother's senility screwed the OP over. It might not be a big deal. If this was the same day, just call the company and apologize.

cadillacgal79 32

My grandma would never do that, if there was someone on the phone for me (I'm in a lot of activities) she would just say "there's someone on the phone for you!"

A huge company is going to **** you anyway, so your grandma was kinda right.

There's a reason I go for management positions. ;D

To **** or to be ******, that is the question.

perfectwinds 0

I don't know why the hell you and Rach got buried. 1 thumbs up towards your resurrection!!!

Trolls. Many of them. Since the billy goats all got across the bridge, they have to do something. Thank you though, boos. ♥ +2 for my name.

So, you were expecting a call, but hung up a phone call withou even listening to what the person had to say? Sorry, but YDI.

Did you even read the story? Her grandma answered the phone, not her.

spiderman0606 0
Yarrachel 16

Congrats, 11, you are now captain of the SS Failboat. All aboard!