Bad omen

By weddingblues - 30/05/2011 04:19 - United States

Today, my fiancé informed me he didn't want a regular wedding cake, he wants a Batman cake. I have nothing against this, except that he already decided the wedding theme would be Star Wars. Essentially, I'm marrying a child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 646
You deserved it 23 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're marrying him, you should be well aware of his preferences and behavior, darling...

Comments

lolol_BKYCHO 3

I always thought the wedding was about the woman. Well, I guess it depends on who is paying for the wedding.

RavenNight 0

u said yes to him. dnt complain abt ur choice

I agree OP, the only real problem here is he's skipping around in his themes... the rest of it, I don't think she's snooty or boring, guys! she just wants him to stick to the plan. if he's having cold feet about it being all star wars, why not just make it a geek character theme? star wars dress, batman cake, get a guy looks like Dr Who to officiate, maybe throw in some amine favors, get dad to dress up like Indiana jones, ect... you could get your guests to come as their favorite characters (the photos would be amazing!!). that way he could pay his homage to all that awesome stuff and not feel like he's neglecting any of the classics, and nothing would he out of place with everything out of place! when my husband and I got married, we had rubber duckies as the wedding toppers, and the weeding attire read "wacky sun glasses and or fake beards". no reason not to be nonsensical with it- it's your day, who cares if family doesn't like it! YOU have to remember it for the rest of your life. :) (and no, it isn't just about the bride, grooms like being doted on and the center of attention on their wedding day too, they just don't like being commands to participate in wedding stuff they don't like)

AnnaBonJovi 9

The question is, what does your wedding dress look like then?

Well, Leia's "girly" costumes are either a shapeless white dress or the gold bikini slave costume. However, Padme had a couple of costumes, after she stepped down as Queen of Naboo, that might work, with a little tweaking.

Well if you do it and people laugh, it's AT you not WITH you. LAME.

abasio 1

Nothing wrong with marrying a childish man. My sister got a very nice divorce settlement from a guy who insisted on lining up his Star Wars figurines on the headboard of the bed. Those tiny eyes...

nocanhaz 4

Your fiancé is awesome, although try to convince him to have a StarWars cake. It would be more logical.

sorry but how can u have a star wars theme but a batman cake???? they are not related!! ... cool tho... I'm now considering something weird for our cake :)