You tried

By Anonymous - 09/12/2011 07:56 - Australia

Today, I was set up on a blind date. When I arrived, the person waiting for me was a woman. It appears that my friends have always thought I was a lesbian, and that they 'played along' when I talked about guys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 305
You deserved it 3 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jpoole 4

How awkward...it's pretty cruel that that is the way they decided to tell you...

Comments

jpoole 4

Or maybe just unsure of their friend's sexual preferences?

Muslimgal92 0

So what OP go on with the date maybe you'll end up liking the girl and discover that you're a lesbian after all..who knows maybe your friends know you better than you know yourself.;)

17 & 37 - sure, there is a chance of people changing preferences, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to go on a date with a girl. I'm perfectly happy with guys, and don't feel the need to broaden my sexual orientation. So yea... I wouldn't have gone on that date, and I feel everyone should be able to say that without sounding homophobic or mean about it.

37, It's true what you said, but you have to admit that it's pretty awkward to have a date with someone of your own gender if you think of yourself as being straight. Besides, the majority of people who think they are straight (or homosexual) are right, it's a minority that turns out to be completely different than they thought, I think.

Can you guys please stop using the word sexual PREFERNCE? It is extremely rude and demeaning. The appropriate term is sexual orientation.

Bubble 25 - both terms are politically correct. If you're going to stand up for queer rights, please do your research first.

bubble25- that coming from someone with that as a profile picture... finding it hard to take you seriously on that douche

63- if I had my PREFERENCE I would be deleting your stupid ass comment. Just saying..

jwade11 12

Why is 63 being thumbed down??? That's extremely annoying!!! It is referred to as sexual orientation so idk why you'd thumb them down for providing the correct term!!!

Can you imagine if this OP was "My friends set my up with a guy for a blind date. They thought I was lying about being a lesbian" and someone said "Hey, just go with it, you might like him." They'd get "OMG HOMOPHOBE IT'S NOT A CHOICE !!!111!!!11ONEONEONE!!!!111" I'm not saying that people can't realise their sexuality later in life (or experiment to see what you like) but that kind of thing happens naturally and introspectively. Not, "Hey well, I'm straight and my friends set me up with a woman. Guess I'll stick around to make sure I'm still actually straight."

shea3594 0
phantumgrey 6
xXxIracebethxXx 14

What the hell does looking butch have to do with anything? Not every lesbian looks butch. Ever heard of lipstick lesbians? Stop being so ******* ignorant.

Bc why else would they think she's lesbian?

How awkward...it's pretty cruel that that is the way they decided to tell you...

borkchop1992 15

you should have just gone with it

Scarlettx7 0

"What youre not?.. I mean... You can't blame us for thinking it.."

alyssa333 0

just go along with it.. whats the worst thing that can happen?

lil_miss_katii 7

Wow that's not cool, why wouldn't they talk to you about it first?

Maybe they thought they were being accepting by not pointing it out. The fact that they assumed this though, could prove they are just being stereotypical.