By Anonymous - 31/10/2009 20:18 - United States

Today, my good buddy of about two years set me up on a blind date. I got to the meeting point and realized that my date was a guy. My "buddy" honestly thought I was gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 990
You deserved it 4 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha hey when I was moderating it also said "and he was only friends with me because he though we would hook up some time. "

Comments

sandwichbait 0

That's actually what I was thinking. XD

Reyo 2

Grab the nearest woman and ra- err...make out violently with her.

True that. He cares and he didn't judge for being (in his mind) gay. That one's a keeper.

cowgod 0

yeah dont be so picky. ass is still ass

I think he only cared to make sure that the op's next boyfriend wasn't him. lol.

Brandosyn 0

#64 I'm not so sure, I have a friend who thinks its hilarious to send a male stripper to my job every year for my birthday even though he knows I'm straight. (I'm married to his sister.) Friends do weird shit, maybe OP's buddy was just funning him, OR he really did think he was gay and was just trying to do his pal a solid.

maddieguinn 0

it's the thought that counts!!

haha hey when I was moderating it also said "and he was only friends with me because he though we would hook up some time. "

why would that be deleted? it adds so much more depth to the fml. the way it is now, who cares? but with that extra detail, he loses a friend of two years.

I moderated this one too. Maybe they submitted it this way, then realized they forgot a detail, and resubmitted. Anyway, this is exactly how it was originally written, except a couple typos.

You should set him straight. Haha :]

fancypantsninja 0

Wow, haha! Maybe you are, if in 2 years your buddy hasn't seen you express enough interest in women to think otherwise. Think about it.

Haha, your friend is probably the gay one.

I don't understand why it's so horrible that he thought you were gay...I mean really, if you were gay and people thought you were heterosexual would you still be offended?

sandwichbait 0

Maybe it depends on who it's coming from. Maybe gay people get offended when other gay people doubt their sexual orientation?

Yep, that's exactly how it is. But this is an FML because after knowing each other for two years, this guy should have known his friend was straight. Although, if it turns out the 'buddy' is the gay one, and the OP didn't know...then how can he really judge?

Prawn_fml 2

I guess the FML in this is that you never got to ravage heaps of women and tell him about it during the time you were friends, or? If your buddy thinks you fit with this guy, at least you might have found a new friend. When he asks how the date went, just tell him whether you liked the man, and perhaps add on 'though next time try to find that kind of person in a female shape' or whatever.

fancypantsninja 0

maybe he hasn't been with anybody in 2 years

I can tell you that as a gay I could care less what assumptions people make about what gender I prefer as long as they are open minded if they find out their assumption was wrong. If someone were to set me up I would think it was sweet that they cared. I do not however know how you could be friends without knowing if someone was gay or not. Especially for any sort of period of time… I mean aren’t you at least going to say “look at that guy’s (girl’s) ass… I like to get some of that!” ?

postaltubealex 0

Even though it was a nice gesture and stuff. It must've been friggen awkward to arrive and have a guy there who thinks you're gonna be into him, and you expecting a girl who you might end up dating.

That sucks. Its only sometimes when FMLs are actually FMLs like this one.

You never used pronouns when talking to your buddy about the blind date?

postaltubealex 0

yeah. pronouns are used in all ym blind date setups.