Whoops

By 8reth72 - 11/06/2009 14:17 - United States

Today, I was helping a couple come up with a name for the baby they just had. I suggested "Joshua" thinking that it was an okay name. All sudden, the room got quiet. Turns out I had forgotten that Joshua was the name of their 3 year-old son who had died a couple months before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 204
You deserved it 87 072

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taylerrr 0

how do you forget something like that?

CyclonePsycho 1

How do you forget something like that? He *just* died a few months ago, you idiot. YDI.

Comments

Agreed with #38 and #46. I almost said YDI, but then I realized you never mentioned being their friends or family, and even if you had been you meant no harm (I admit I'd be less sympathetic in those cases). We all have accidents. I feel for you and for the family that lost their son.

#81, you're kidding, right? Some people pick names before the baby is born but a large amount of them wait until afterwards. That way, they can pick a name to go with the baby's face or something. OP, this isn't really that big a deal. Just apologize, say you forgot, and suggest another name.

..... I misread the whole FML. Shit, sorry. .___. YDI plz. Except we all forget things. Also, it's called 'easily distracted', not 'moron'. Never EVER call me by any name that impies an insult to my IQ. However, I like how my comments were finally noticed on this one. yay me

That sucks... it also sucked when I read it on sickipedia a few hours ago... fake?

Incredibly tactless on your part, that is pretty significant event to simply "forget" about.

#87 I agree...or they may have changed their mind once the baby was born. I was supposed to be named Melanie, but after I was born my parents decided it didn't fit me, so they named me Desiree... And #81 that's such a dumb comment...because you know every couple in the world who's ever had a baby and they all picked the name before the birth...sure...