Whoops

By 8reth72 - 11/06/2009 14:17 - United States

Today, I was helping a couple come up with a name for the baby they just had. I suggested "Joshua" thinking that it was an okay name. All sudden, the room got quiet. Turns out I had forgotten that Joshua was the name of their 3 year-old son who had died a couple months before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 205
You deserved it 87 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taylerrr 0

how do you forget something like that?

CyclonePsycho 1

How do you forget something like that? He *just* died a few months ago, you idiot. YDI.

Comments

I agree with #1. How could you be so insensitive?

#38, do you really think your funny? You're as messed up as the person who this FML!

that's so sad for them :[ losing their little 3 year old

ellaselim 0

I agree with #1. And #4, you are horrible. How could you joke about a dead child like that?

ellaselim 0

I agree with #1. And #4, you are horrible. How could you joke about a dead child like that?

karenmarie 0

I am hearing a lot people say that it was stupid for this person and assumed they just "forgot" that they had a baby that passed away. They may just be an coworker or something of the individuals and had no idea about their first son. I had a son that was stillborn and I didnt talk about him at all. Think people!!

bbobe900000 0

honestly #154 is so right. how did he deserve that one??? if they're close friends I understand, but if not, then it's a legitimate mistake

hmm. i really don't know your relation to the couple, so i can't really say either. that's a sad/tough situation. i mean, if you don't talk to or see them often, i'm sure it was just an honest mistake. no worries there. but if you are close with them, then...yeah...that's not too great. i think this one's a combo of YDI, FYL, and FTL.

You "forgot" which means you already knew beforehand, right? That's kind of a big thing to remember whether you are close with them or not.