The customer is always right

By meiju - 24/07/2022 12:00

Today, my boss is beginning to hate me. Why? Because people keep coming to my register with one or two dollars worth of stuff, then paying for it with hundred dollar bills, ignoring the sign saying not to do that. I’ve had to ask him to refill my till after every transaction. FML
I agree, your life sucks 650
You deserved it 407

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's a rule your boss has implemented it's your duty to enforce it. A lot of scams can happen in situations like this, including the aforementioned possibility of counterfeit currency.

Comments

If it's a rule your boss has implemented it's your duty to enforce it. A lot of scams can happen in situations like this, including the aforementioned possibility of counterfeit currency.

YDI for accepting hundred dollar bills. Stop.

you're supposed to tell them you can't accept it and can't break it. they're probably fake bills

Tell your boss to ALL large denominations are getting paid out in ones. I did that once when I stated politely to five customers we didn’t have enough change for large bills due to we just opened, but there is a bank inside the grocery store just down the road that is open and would love to help them out.

So, why are you ignoring the sign, too?

Can't you just, like, point out the posted sign and ask for smaller bills?

If there is a sign telling the customers they can't do that, then tell them as such and refuse to take the bills. Do what I do when a customer does that - tell them you're not a bank and you can't just change giant bills.