Who the **** are you?

By silly_billy - 11/06/2009 05:08 - United States

Today, I was eating lunch with my wife. We were having a nice time when a man came up to me. He said, "Hey! Bill how are you?" I wasn't really sure, so being polite I said, "I'm sorry, I can't remember your name." He frowned and walked away. It was my company's Chairman of the Board. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 362
You deserved it 54 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sigh. Easy solution. "Oh why hello! How are you? This is my wife ______" She says hello, goes to shake his hand and he will automatically introduce himself. VERY rarely will this not work.

Do you work so far down the food chain that you never met the leaders?

Comments

Fail at life. While #13 has it right on the money, even THAT was unnecessary, you could have just said "Hey how are you?" and been fine. But no, you had to go and be a dumbass....*sigh*

it's not so much not knowing the guy's name as not knowing his FACE. honestly, if the CEO of my company came up to me, i wouldn't know it because i don't know what the guy looks like.

I agree with 13 and 17. But since u already screwed up, try just going up to him at work and saying you're really sorry that you forgot and you hope itdidnt offend him.

that's when you say, "I'm good, how are you?" dumbass.

derbz 0

Dude Mad fail @ life Your so gonna get booted outta work Post about that haha

Funny how a few days ago there was an FML posted where a guy tried to trick someone into reminding him of his name, and everyone said "YDI, should've just asked him."