When love breaks down

By sadday - 20/11/2009 08:25 - United States

Today, I was planning on going on a date with a girl I've really liked. She told me today was the only we could hang out before her trip. I got an expensive hair cut, planned on cooking her dinner, and pulled a few strings and got on the list for a big concert. Turns out she'd rather go shopping FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 072
You deserved it 4 011

Same thing different taste

Top comments

home cooked dinner for first date? little too much for first date, she probably wanted something casual so you could both just talk and hang out for a couple of hours. Don't be so intense next time.

Comments

home cooked dinner for first date? little too much for first date, she probably wanted something casual so you could both just talk and hang out for a couple of hours. Don't be so intense next time.

This is a first date (sounds more like haning out) right? So.. it's rather extensive. Just.. don't be so intense for a first date/meeting/hanging-out

ellemk 0

I don't think OP is giving us enough info. she might have said she wanted to hang out with him, and then decided to be a twat and go shopping instead. he just wanted to impress her.

theblazian 0

He wanted to impress her in a creepy overthetop way? As a dude "lets hang out" with a girl does not mean blowing god knows how much money. It means going to a movie or just.... I dunno.... hanging out? There is trying to impress someone... and then there is jumping through hoops and going completely overboard. The op did the latter so therefore he deserves it! Hopefully next time he will realize that "I want to hang out" does not mean "ZOMG You are my soulmate lets have the most perfect night evah!"

Mx_Rider 6

ummmmmm....... is it just me or is there a typo*** in this fml... look anyways op u got no game sucks to be u

xxxNataliexxx 0

I'm confused if she went shopping with him or if she ditched him to go shopping? >:/ Vague FML is vague.

perdix 29

Big concert in Utah? No one wants to see yet another lame Osmond Brothers tribute band! And I agree with patticake1601, cooking dinner on a first date is over the top. I did that for the most beautiful girl I ever went out with and I got nothing. That would be OK, but at the party where I first met her, we made out in my car. Cooking dinner took me from getting to first base to hitting into a triple-play. Be cool and go shopping with her. You can always bring your expensive haircut with you ;) (I once went shopping with a girl at Victoria's Secret --- hot!)

if you were going to cook her, i think i'd rather go shopping too.

YDI for scaring her away. Cool it next time.