Wage slave

By Janet - 10/03/2009 13:02 - United States

Today, my boss called me into his office. I thought I was getting promoted because my sales had been really high lately. My boss shut his door behind me and asked me if I could comb his hair with a lice comb to get rid of his lice. I had to do it to keep my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 315
You deserved it 3 165

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just so you know that is illegal for some one in power to make you do something such as that

Comments

Can you actually get rid of them using a comb? I thought you had to use shampoo. It probably wasn't in your contract so you didn't really have to do it. If he did fire you for it you did have a good chance to win it in court.

a lice comb has very little space between the plastic bristles so the lice bugs get caught in the bristles, and you use shampoo w/o conditioner plus a formula too stick to the lice and the comb

r83839 22

Not exactly. It's not like living bugs stay in one place for you to comb them out. You have to use lice shampoo to kill them, use an optional gel that helps them stick to the comb, and then comb the dead lice and eggs out before the new ones hatch. You have to do this process every other day or so to get rid of them. (The directions on the shampoo say every week, which doesn't work at all, probably because it's impossible to get every egg in one go.) As someone who has had lice, I can tell you that it is very easy to spread and it's dangerous to even be near someone who has it. A year later, I still don't go to the theater I think I got the lice from.

messyfoola89 0

FYL OP, not only is it GROSS, I'm pretty sure it's a blatant abuse of power. You're not going to wipe his arse after he takes a dump, are ya? So why should you try to comb out head lice. Complain to upper management if there is, or try your trade union or association.

Totally illegal, and doubtful that it's true. If it is true, you are stupid enough that you deserve your FML.

abcdefgh_fml 0

ewwwww.... wtf?! hahaha # 3!

jennaleighhh 0

I would've walked out and said HAAYYLLL NAAHHH!! Get a new job...who wants to work for someone who makes you clean out their lice? Super gross.