Unsure

By Anonymous - 29/11/2015 06:04 - United States

Today, my boyfriend emotionally proposed over dinner, and I said yes. Soon after he left, he tweeted, "I just fucked up...." and a few minutes later called me and claimed the proposal was a prank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 586
You deserved it 1 892

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He obviously thinks your relationship is joke, so you either need to talk or leave.

Honestly I would dump him because that's ridiculously immature. Marriage is a lifelong commitment and very emotional and for him to not only make it into a prank but to publicly post on social media is ridiculous.

Comments

MonstreBelle 28

When did hurting people become acceptable "pranks"? Pranks are supposed to be funny. Messing with people's emotions and hurting them like that isn't funny. It's not a "prank" or a "joke". It's just cruel. Saying it's just a "prank" or "joke" and that people need to lighten up doesn't make it okay. Maybe OP's boyfriend did get cold feet and panic, but he should have had the respect and decency to not tweet about it and to be honest with OP face to face. Claiming it's a prank just makes things worse. It's basically says "I don't take your feelings seriously; they are a joke to me" and makes someone hurt more than they already would in a situation like this.

valley626 14

I wonder if it's just a prank now that you said yes.. He could have done it in hopes you would say no and he could leave not looking like a bad guy. Really hope that's not the case but regardless he doesn't deserve your time.

Are you dating a 13 year old? What the hell is his problem? That kind of behavior is immature and downright unacceptable.

Scorpio1691 29

What kind of arsehole would do something like that?

you should break up with him and tell him that the relationship was also a prank.

hektek 11

I don't get these jackasses who masquerade as men, they think it's funny "prank" women and destroy their confidence and self esteem by posting their asinine and boorish behavior on social media. They're giving men a bad name with their shit, I hope he get what's due soon. Let this **** go, he's not worth your time or effort.

Time to tell him your relationship with him was a prank too and dump him