By rhiannakirwan - 17/04/2016 18:48 - United Kingdom - London

Today, 5 minutes before I had to leave for school, my friends convinced me it was "pajama day" at school. I showed up in slippers and Sponge Bob pajamas. My school wouldn't let me go home to change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 622
You deserved it 7 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids would show up in pajamas to my high school no matter what day it was. They could be freaking graduating and they would try to walk in pajamas. You probably weren't too out of place if your school is anything like mine was.

Comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Agreed. You don't need to to home to change. It's one day, it won't kill you. I used to go to school in pajamas on days where I didn't feel like getting dressed. It's not that unusual.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How was that obviously a joke? Some schools have a pj day.

Not if the school doesn't say so over the PA system. Plus, that is more in celebration of Homecoming and stuff like that. I wish I had known better though.

We would have pj day whenever. The **** is homecoming? Where was everyone?

Suaria 38

Same with my high school. Homecoming is celebrating the first football game of the season. The school usually has a dance later on.

It's called homecoming because it is the first home game of the season.

Kids would show up in pajamas to my high school no matter what day it was. They could be freaking graduating and they would try to walk in pajamas. You probably weren't too out of place if your school is anything like mine was.

OP is from the UK though, and as far as I know every schoolkid between Year 1 and Year 11 has to wear a school uniform. It's not customary to even wear your own clothes to school here (barring non uniform days) let alone pyjamas. I'm honestly surprised OP wasn't sent home to change, my school sent people home for wearing trousers the wrong shade of grey!

I would've brought a spare set of clothes, personally.

If it were really pajama day at school, I don't think that's something you'd hear about at the last minute.

It could've been worse, you could be someone who sleeps naked and comes in thinking it's pajama day!

I'm in college and I wear onesies to class when I feel like it. Just don't give a **** what others think.

Joke's on them, you were the most comfortable person in school that day.

something tells me that OP wasn't comfortable in the slightest :D

DeadxManxWalking 27