By ScaryOldMan - 07/10/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, while trying to sleep, I kept hearing this groan/scream for help for about an hour. I decided to call 911 to send someone to investigate. Police came, I received a $100 parking fine and another citation for improper use of 911. The noise? Just a dog howling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 621
You deserved it 13 257

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you thought it was an actual person and let said "person" scream for help for an HOUR!? You deserve a lot more than 2 citations. Way to help the human race. I hope I'm never in trouble with you around.

Comments

dan11 0

"good one #19!" he said in a very sarcastic voice. and OP, i know it wasnt really a person, but if someone is screaming for help, you dont wait an hour. you call for help.

Don't you think if someone was crying for help for over an hour you would get your lazy ass out of bed to investigate!? I sure would if I though someone was dying on my door step.

myhairynutsack 0

LOL another citation. YDI and F the cops L for having to deal with idiots like you.

Littlerunner 0

I hope i never get attacked by your house. Apparently I would have to scream for an HOUR before you calld for help!

You waited an HOUR?? Are you mad? if you thought someone was in trouble dial '911' straight away!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if turns out to just be a dog, still!!

satanstoystore 0

wtf? you call the police to check out a groan? get your lazy butt out of bed and diy. if i heard a groan, i would care enough to check on the person. but to you theyre just a source of disrupted beauty sleep. ydi

Anyone else illegally parked on the block that did not receive a citation? Unless it's for being in a handicapped spot, the cops were likely exercising their discretion a bit too loosely. Also, I would consult an attorney about both of these violations. It might not be more than a hundred bucks (attorney took care of my last traffic ticket for fifty). You suspected someone may have been danger or distress after hearing a noise, asking the police to intervene in an unknown and potentially dangerous situation. Don't come to FML and complain about this, just letting it go. Make sure the municipality pays. Also, the folks at the barkingdogs Yahoo! group may be interested in seeing this after you try to go somewhere with this. Or heck, get over there and mention it. FIGHT.

49 - You're a douchebag. If someone does something stupid and/or breaks the law they should have to pay for it, not have some slimeball attorney weasel them out of it. Honestly this FML is ridiculously full of stupidity... How the **** does someone confuse a dog for someone saying "help me"...? If that wasn't bad enough, OP waits for an HOUR before deciding to be a lazy ass and just call 911 instead of investigating. OP also fails at parking, which is one of the simplest tasks in the world. He deserved everything he got here, **** you people that abuse the justice system to cover up for your own stupidity.

I hope you get attacked for an hour before someone helps (sorry my grammar sucks)