By immunizations - 11/12/2010 07:40 - Canada

Today, while parking my car, I accidentally bumped into the car in front of me, making a small, barely noticeable dent. I felt bad, wrote an apology note, and stuck it on his windshield. An hour later, he replied by keying the entire right side of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 700
You deserved it 10 646

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ThatLooksSticky 16

never leave a note. never let them find you.

TerrorDollie 0

You should've parked somewhere else!

Comments

You only dented something unnoticable. Just part in front so it looks like you did nothing, or take it to court.

Did you get his license plate number? If so, you can file a police report; get the name, phone number, and address of the perpetrator. Then pay him a visit and show him who's boss!

YDI it for not getting his tag & reporting him. Yours was accidental & had no criminal consequence, however, his was a direct vandalism with malicious intent & you could have him arrested.

In theory yes, in practice no. All the guy would have to do is say “I didn’t do it” and unless someone got it on tape then it turns into a he/she says he/she says situation and the police can’t do anything about it without hard evidence, same with small claims court, the judge would just throw it out.

littlevinnie 0

I made an account just to tell all these ignorant people that said his life sucks. he hit the ******* car. understood? u don't write an apology note and thinks everything is good. someone said why would u fix a small dent? because all of a sudden it just appeared now idk about u but if someone dented me car I would want it fixed. and if he had insurance he wouldn't have to pay for it. now I assume 90% of the people on FML have never driven a car and think oh it's just a small dent and he apologized. when u hit someones car, especially a PARKED car u leave ur contact info not a sorry note.

I set a guys alarm off and left a dent in his car when i opened my door. i walked of and pretended it wasnt me, and drove off. you should of done the same

To littlevinnie, I completely agree. Once, I noticed a note on my windshield. Someone had pulled in beside my car and hit it, leaving very noticeable scrapes. She didn't even look at my car before going inside the building, then came back out, moved her car, and went back

hope you wrote down the license plate and call the cops on him/her.

if it was my car, it would be time to reconsider buying that glock 19.

I DON'T THINK THAT HE WOULD DO THAT IF IT WEREN'T HIM