By missedout - 05/02/2013 22:48 - United States - York

Today, while my mother-in-law visited, I asked if she wouldn't mind watching my son for 10 minutes as I had run out of baby shampoo. I came back home to see she had shaved his head completely bald. That was his very first haircut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 625
You deserved it 3 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chelsearenaeee 16

What kind of Bitch does that? That's when you wait for her to fall asleep and shave her head

Well, looks like you won't be needing the shampoo after all. Save it for later!

Comments

I would have kicked her the hell out of my house.

ulissey_fml 22

"You mother-in-law basicly stole a moment you could have had with your son that you are never going to get back. Did she do it on purpose?" 'Course, she did, although she probably couldn't help it. There's a lot of resentment, envy, fear and jealousy building up inside grandmothers who are mothers in-law: you are younger, you" stole" their son (and you're not worthy of him), you've just had a kid or a baby and they won't have any more kids, plus sometimes you're having it easier , or you're doing better than they did. You're not their own daughter, so it's hard for thelm to bear the competition. Ther's the fear of having become useless, of playing no role in the baby's life because they have to go through you. I once had to wrench away the milk bottle from my mother in law as I was feeding my babe. She had taken hold of it AS I was using it, without warning. It was a small incident but maddening , because she denied doing anything but "help" me, and she kept trying to do these sorts of things all the time. If the grandmother was nice or at least correct, I'm sure OP would gladly let her "put her hands on" the kid. But some of these women are invasive, almost aggressive . Best to set the limits right from the pregnancy (gently..or not), and let them know you are to be respected as THE mother. There can only be one. She must be told she crossed a line.

skyeyez9 24

Im thankful and blessed I have a good relationship with my mother in law! I feel bad for people who have the dreaded monster in law. That would suck because you can't escape from family.

Most aren't like that, 44. You're going to rob a lot of people of warm, natural relationships with grandparents if you advise their mothers to hurt mostly decent people that way. Offended grandparents will not bend over backwards to be continually rejected.

First haircut big deal you'll get plenty more times to watch him get it cut.

dontpanic_fml 32

Why did she get the urge to shave your baby's head anyway? I mean, why?! That's what I wanna know...I would have absolutely socked her

In some cultures, shaving a baby's head is completely normal. My parents never got to see my first haircut because in Argentina the hospital shaves the baby's head the day they're born. Never really bothered them.

If that's the case, someone should have told OP that during her pregnancy. I'm pretty sure OP's monster-in-law did this to mess with her.

dontpanic_fml 32

Exactly 99. One way or the other this was done without mother's permission.

#86 I have come across that before. When I was working as a community Midwife, I would go to people houses after they had given birth, and see them for a few days to make sure they were managing at home etc. One family I visited, on the 3rd day they had shaved all the hair off the baby. I was so shocked. This baby boy had the thickest hair imaginable. They said it was a cultural thing. Sometimes babies can have such thick hair it is actually really difficult to wash. I wondered if that had something to do with it.

I'd be really mad. Your mother in law definitely needs some boundaries set. Sounds to me like she's a monster in law.

who cares kid still has years of hair growth first hair cut pff.

stormstarcj 12
LegendofZelda88 8

sounds like your baby won't be seeing Grandma for a long time if you ask me, that was bullshit.

I would have kicked her out my house for taking that away from you