By missedout - 05/02/2013 22:48 - United States - York

Today, while my mother-in-law visited, I asked if she wouldn't mind watching my son for 10 minutes as I had run out of baby shampoo. I came back home to see she had shaved his head completely bald. That was his very first haircut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 625
You deserved it 3 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chelsearenaeee 16

What kind of Bitch does that? That's when you wait for her to fall asleep and shave her head

Well, looks like you won't be needing the shampoo after all. Save it for later!

Comments

Yes, because the most logical solution to this dilemma would be to use physical violence.

skyeyez9 24

A buzz cut with clippers "shaved" or a Gillette razor to your son's scalp and shaving cream "shaved?" Your poor son looks like Caillou now.

If you truly feel that your mother in law stole a "baby's first" moment from you, just take it back. Make it so that the first haircut YOU were actually there for is the one that counts, and just dismiss this incident as a crazy mother-in-law thing.

Think of it this way: Monster-in-law didn't cut the hair, she shaved it. The first, real haircut with sissors is still all yours. But keep MIL away from sharp objects for the next 15 years, or she might give him a second first shave ;)

skyeyez9 24

I remember my daughter's first haircut. When she was born, she had barely any hair on top of her head and had more on the back and sides (looked like Dr Phil hairstyle, poor kid). So when it was growing out, the back was longer than the top and was forming a mullet. So I had to trim it to make it look "normal." She is 9 now and has long pretty hair. She is in my profile pic, the girl chowing down on the local cuisine when we were in Okinawa.

Wtf? What an awful thing to do, god she's a wench ! FYL OP. Hope your husband is on your side in never ever ******* talking to her until she delivers an apology and stack of cash

Not to mention, it's winter! Bald heads get cold!!!

I'd be so pissed. I would definitely not leave her alone with my child until they were in their teens.

I do feel bad for OP, but mostly I just want to know what was going through the mother in law's head at the time.

pipc 10

I would have been livid and thrown her out of the house. What gives her the right?