By Anonymous - 28/12/2012 17:33 - United States

Today, while my girlfriend was playing a game on my phone, an unknown number sent me a nude picture and the words "Miss you, baby." This person's mistake just cost me a black eye, and probably my relationship too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 265
You deserved it 4 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wrong number text eh? Be easy to prove if you have a call history on your phone, show her that

That happened to me once, thankfully boyfriend wasn't there and it was also of a female so if he were there he probably wouldn't have been that mad.

Comments

If it truely was a mistake FYL. Otherwise YDI.

ideasrule 13

If your girlfriend's first reaction is to punch you in the eye, and she doesn't give you a chance to explain yourself, you shouldn't be with such an abusive partner. It certainly doesn't bode well if more serious misunderstandings arise in the future. I once had an unknown girl send me a flirty text, obviously thinking I was her boyfriend, even though I had no girlfriend. I just politely texted her back and said she got the wrong number.

Epikouros 31

Like someone said before - show her your history - that you have never called or texted or know someone from that number - she might believe you deleted it - in which case - could you give her your phone to talk to this person and clarify that it was not you they intended? Sorry OP :/ That sucks

How could it have been a mistake? I'm sure this 'unknown' person would be smart enough to save 'baby' that she misses as her contact.

Some people (eg my wife) don't use contact lists and prefer to type numbers in manually all the time.

you're lucky if she breaks up with you- next time she gets angry it might be more than a black eye - you are better without her

I'd be surprised if she believes you even if you do explain it. Even if you're telling the truth, it seems incredibly unlikely that someone would text something like that to the wrong number. Especially since you tend to click on a contact rather than typing in the number you want to text. I can't blame her for being upset. Punching you was a bit extreme though...

Worst possible thing he could do, the vast majority of cases when a guy calls the police when he is being assaulted they arrest him and not the woman, often violently, and then make fun of him for being a wuss. Definitely not worth saving the relationship.