By Anonymous - 23/08/2009 04:38 - United States

Today, while laying in bed trying to go to sleep, I listened to the chirping crickets and appreciated how soothing the sounds were. Then I realized I lived on the 8th floor of an apartment building. Turns out my brother's science project got into my room and multiplied... a lot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 2 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, you could always get into his room and multiply... a lot. (;

There is some science thing involved with chirping crickets.. To convert cricket chirps to degrees Fahrenheit, count number of chirps in 14 seconds then add 40 to get temperature. Example: 30 chirps + 40 = 70° F To convert cricket chirps to degrees Celsius, count number of chirps in 25 seconds, divide by 3, then add 4 to get temperature. Example: 48 chirps /(divided by) 3 + 4 = 20° C Anyway, fyl.

Comments

There is some science thing involved with chirping crickets..

Hey, you could always get into his room and multiply... a lot. (;

There is some science thing involved with chirping crickets.. To convert cricket chirps to degrees Fahrenheit, count number of chirps in 14 seconds then add 40 to get temperature. Example: 30 chirps + 40 = 70° F To convert cricket chirps to degrees Celsius, count number of chirps in 25 seconds, divide by 3, then add 4 to get temperature. Example: 48 chirps /(divided by) 3 + 4 = 20° C Anyway, fyl.

You could always count the chirps in (25/3)=8.3 seconds and then add 4 instead to get °C. Why count for 28 seconds and halve for farenheit when you count just count for 14?

Oh gawd - that's my nightmare! Crickets, grasshoppers, evil jumpy, bitey bastards that no domestic spray can kill *shudder* I'd suggest a room swap but a boy's room is likely to be far more horrific than a plaque of crickets. FYL indeed.

Actually has nothing to do with neat or tidy - my son's room is immaculately tidy. It's more that, once boys reach a certain age, their "odour" can be quite strong. The thought of being in a boy's room with all that aroma isn't for the feint hearted!

yeah, at least they haven't crawled up his nose and invaded his brain yet.

Wow nice kinda unimportant formula but might be handy =). lol #2. but yeah FYL

How'd you not notice the crickets were inside your room? I like listening to the crickets outside, but they drive me NUTS when they're in my room because they're so loud.

americayay 0

Agreeing. That's why I'm calling FAKE.

thelonelylurker 0

How can they multiply inside your room? They need soil in which to lay eggs. Do you have soil in your room?! Don't be a pussay, they're just crickets.

Same here. I hate when crickets are outside my window (1st story) they never shut up. How would you not notice a ton of crickets in your room?? If one is outside my room it's loud enough. So, im gonna call this a fake =)

I had crickets in my room once too. My housemate kept crickets for his pet lizard upstairs, and they sometimes escaped. My room was the first door under the stairs, and the popular destination for escaped crickets. He always denied they were his crickets. Interesting fact: crickets can live off of air and cardboard for ages.