By ripmyphone - 13/01/2016 01:18 - United States - Glen Allen

Today, while I was walking across a bridge, a prepubescent middle schooler grabbed my phone from my hand and threw it into the water. His friend filmed it, high-fived him, and they both ran off. I got that phone less than a week ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 030
You deserved it 1 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

While the friend was filming, you should have grabbed the kid and thrown him in right after the phone! That would have made a nice video.

Karma is going to hit those kids harder than puberty!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That's part of what's wrong with this generation. Nowadays people think that bullying and harassment is funny if it's seen as some twisted prank

Mathalamus 24

most or all pranks and jokes and the like should never be done.

Maybe it would be a prank if they just made it seem like they'd thrown it in... But they didn't.

#5 I think #1 is referring to that line in pranks where they justify sound whatever shit they did by saying it's simply a prank. He's saying it as a joke.

incoherentrmblr 21

A very costly prank. Phones now are pretty much life lines. God forbid after his phone gets tossed he needed to make an emergency phone call to help himself or someone else, but can't because of two little sh**s...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

A good prank is humorous and is meant to baffle the prankee and make the person wonder what the hell is going on. Nowadays, "pranks" cause bodily harm, give people heart attacks, and damage personal property. ******* hell.

Really? So damaging hundreds of dollars worth of property is a prank? So funny

No it's not! it's theft, and destruction of property. if it was an iPhone, it could be worth up to $700 or more. Or maybe OP has a contract with that phone Now, OP is out the cost of a new phone. And OP'S data, texts photos ?!!! Why don't you buy OP a new phone if you think it's so funny!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

a prank is a whoopie cushion under ur chair not throwing $400 into a river

Assuming OP had a new iPhone. That's an $800 "prank". Calling your friend from the hallway and then jumping out to startle them is a prank. This is grounds for a lawsuit against the kids' parents to fund a replacement.

mds9986 24

The amount of people not understanding this joke is pretty funny.

#1, Look how many morons don't get your comment. It boggles the mind.

How do you people not understand his sarcasm. Those kids probably filmed it as a "prank" and #1 is making fun of these so called pranks.

If you use quotation marks, it will be viewed as a joke. "It's only a prank dude" See? Much better!

Great to see sarcasm goes straight over your heads...

Is everyone ******* stupid? It's obviously a joke, Jesus Christ.

YourOpinionSucks 22

If they can get away with ruining OP'S property, I'm like 99.9999% sure OP could get away with hitting them. I know I would.

Oyas12 14

you know, putting that in quoted might have gave you less. hate, but what do I know? In sitting on the toilet,

you're the type of guy who makes those "prank" YouTube videos where the guys go around in the and steal people phones and then yell "dude chill out !! it's just a jooooke" when they proceed to beat the shit out of you

ARSCON 15

Pranks don't cost a random stranger hundreds of dollars.

noahelizer 7

All you guys taking this so literally... He's obviously joking and referring to the douchey viners nowadays that do the stupidest things to strangers and say "it's a prank bro" thinking that will make it okay

Karma is going to hit those kids harder than puberty!

agreed. life sucks and then you die. don't you wish you had purchased the insurance???

Harder than the side of the tree on Endor ;)

Speaking of karma... Pray that those kids will upload the video. Which you can use as evidence of them destroying your property, and they will then have to repay you.

Reminds me of the episode of Catfish when Nev threw his phone in the river

#107 MTV/Catfish producers paid for and replaced the phone with a new one (speaking of that episode; that dude was a dick that should have gotten his ass beat by everyone he scammed)

Ah, the joys of meeting the hellspawn caused by parents not actually doing any parenting.

While the friend was filming, you should have grabbed the kid and thrown him in right after the phone! That would have made a nice video.

Or thrown the one filming in along with his phone/camera.

I'd have knocked the first kid unconscious, then beat the shit out of the other brat with his friend's body. No one would ever find the bodies. Or the camera.

tantanpanda 26

OP should have chased them. Sounds like OP just stood there while it all happened. I'd be so pissed off, I probably would have tackled them.

I'd say grab the camera or whatever they used and go to the police.

76 op was probably in shock. Honestly you just had a kid yank your phone out of your hand and throw it. That's not exactly expected or remotely in the world of normal

I would have kicked at least one of them in the balls before chasing the other

Quendolin 24

Watch out! Exaggeration following! Based on Stereotypes! Do not use for serious purpose! You're from the US. Why didn't you shoot them? At least I tried to not offend people...

I was going to say that you should grow up but being from Neverland that's not going to happen. At least you tried not to offend people (insert sarcasm)

I'm not even surprised, you're Dutch after all.

All the "Americans" become upset by this comment. It's pretty true. This is how the rest of the world see's you guys.

Generalizations or stereotypes tend to be down voted on FML in my experience. The one I've seen that's used often and typically isn't is the Canadian kindness stereotype, and even then you get people commenting on how it's wrong.

I would look for the video on YouTube, just continue searching and when you find it give it to the police so that can trace the IP it was uploaded from.

Badkarma4u 17

They will create a gui interface using visual basic to see if they can trace the pranksters ip.

I guess people have never seen that episode of CSI. It's a quote people

elizacandle 29

I hope you had insurance. but what a couple of pricks

Not sure if this is a matter for the police, but I would definitely look out for the video online.

This is definitely a matter for the police. It is basically theft. And probably assault.

Yes it is. They moat certainly broke the law . And these picks need to be scared shit less before they decide to do it again.