By blocked_by_fire - 17/04/2012 18:13 - United States - Pullman

Spicy
Today, while I was in the midst of the most mind-blowing shower sex ever, the fire alarm went off. My girlfriend had left the stove top on and the entire kitchen had caught on fire. So instead of finishing, I frantically ran around naked trying to douse the flames. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 723
You deserved it 4 511

Same thing different taste

Comments

Your gf is an idiot.. How can you not remember to turn off the stove..? It's not rocket science.. Hope your flat is ok else tho and you guys didn't get hurt. Gonna have to lie to the landlord now!

56 - Have you ever heard of 'simmer?' it means to stay just below the boiling point. While cooking, many people leave food to simmer on the stove for 10, 15, sometimes even 30 minutes or more so the spices will develop a more delicious taste. It's a technique that gives food a stronger and tastier flavor. OP's girlfriend was probably cooking a delectable meal. OP walks in after work. Goes to take a shower. She follows in thinking she has time before dinner is ready to serve. They lose track of time. One thing follows after another and you got an FML for the day.

Did you read the fml at all? Op did not say a single word about his gf cooking. You should never leave your stove while cooking, especially not if you leave things close enough to caught fire anyways. And when things simmer, it's usually lower temperature which means it takes longer before anything takes fire. Its not an open flame. And as op said, his whe kitchen was in flames..

If it's a gas stove there's an open flame. Just saying.

If you leave a gas oven unsupervised you're just asking for it to go wrong.. Just saying.. (comes from someone who was a neighbour to an idiot who left his gas oven on and forgot about it..)

Sounds like a good commercial idea for cialis lol

Epikouros 31

Time to choose, OP. Do you want mind-blowing sex, or a safe, practical girlfriend?

Mind Blowing Sex And a Louder fire alarm?

oliviaalexandria 3

Kings of Leon? "Youuuuuu, your sex is.... ON FIRE!" :)

ImSoEffedUp 10

U made the right decision dude.... Who wants to get burnt while having sex....?

Ferrari419 5

Uh not the worst way to die, you could get burnt whilst having your ass rimmed by a 2x4 and your ears having acid poured into them

did you use your firehose? if you know what I mean

emstar828 4

could it be that she was cooking something; like maybe ramen noodles, and then got wrapped up in coming onto her boyfriend? it's not too hard to get distracted now a days; especially if the sex is goo.