By Protectress - 23/08/2011 06:50 - United States

Today, while going around trying to find a job, a manager came up to ask me, "Are you looking to work here?" I nodded happily, hoping this would be the end of my search. She looked me up and down, saw I had a jacket on to hide my tattoos and said, "Sorry, I can't hire heroin addicts." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 185
You deserved it 10 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stereotypical much? Wow, that would be a shitty manager to work for...

ramboman19 8

That is rude for her to assume you're a drug addict because of tattoos. Some tattooed people I know are the nicest and best workers ever.

Comments

nekrodoll 0
Midtowngirly 1

Go back and ask for an application. By law no establishment can refuse to give someone an application, even if they aren't hiring.

you know if you really wanted a job you would have called and complained about the manager being rude and talking to you like that... ( stupid BITCH ) it was rude for her to even say or think that. so get her fired and take her job then we will see who has the last laugh. dude for real I would go slap her dumb ass just for respecting like that. tattoos don't mean drugs. wow people r dumb....

Getjynxd 2

Lol I love how ppl just say sue, lawsuit, etc etc. YDI tho people that get tatted up in easily viewable areas are not thinking about having a decent career down the line and r doomed to $10dollar an hour jobs

baddestbitch127 0

I'm tatted more than any female I personally kno. I do have my fair share of people who are against it, but my ink represents me, So ef anyone who wants to judge

baddestbitch127 0

Really that's your take? We live in a world where everyone's judged by something. Tattoos are expression. They tell a story. Plain and simple

Although what you say is true, it is expression, tells a story & can often be beautiful pieces of art, not everyone feels the same way. Judging someone for not liking tattoos is equally as wrong as judging someone for loving them. It's a businesses right to not hire people they feel might offend their clientele by having tattoos. Right or wrong...it just is...

guitgod1 11

This is why you don't cover your arms or face in tattoos if you ever plan on getting a real job. You can work in bars and coffee shops all you want but nobody at a bank or an insurance company wants to hire somebody covered in tattoos....sorry, that's reality.

Don't be silly, I know many people with sleeves, neck and hand tattoos and they have very well paid jobs. There is a man in England famous for his tattoos and he's a bank manager! Tattoos shouldn't discriminate anyone from a job, unless they are racist or vulgar etc. Hopefully within the next 10-15 years maybe, employers can look past a tattoo and hire someone based on their experience and skill.

That's assuming that people with tattoos actually want to work in something as boring as insurance or banking.

beatleschick1940 9

Maybe think about getting some nicer long sleeve jackets- so it doesn't look like you have something to hide.

That probably wouldn't be a fun manager to work for anyway!! You should've stuck up for yourself, though...let her know you have the jacket on to cover tattoos not track marks. I do agree with what someone else said....by getting visible tattoos, you run the risk of being unfairly judged & not getting a job at places that don't want to portray that image at risk of losing their clientele. I'm certainly not saying it's right, but it is reality...