By Protectress - 23/08/2011 06:50 - United States

Today, while going around trying to find a job, a manager came up to ask me, "Are you looking to work here?" I nodded happily, hoping this would be the end of my search. She looked me up and down, saw I had a jacket on to hide my tattoos and said, "Sorry, I can't hire heroin addicts." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 185
You deserved it 10 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stereotypical much? Wow, that would be a shitty manager to work for...

ramboman19 8

That is rude for her to assume you're a drug addict because of tattoos. Some tattooed people I know are the nicest and best workers ever.

Comments

99 - A small design without any words or an enlightening saying written on one's wrist is not going to be offensive to any customers. No matter how "offended" they act, they're just being judgmental... they can't be offended if nothing is said, done or shown to offend them.

PsychWithAnO 9

You should call the Wage and Hour Board, or the Labor Board; the number should be in your local phone book, or in any workplace. That was a discriminatory comment, and chances are, they could be sued for that. Or call the company, and report the manager. Having visible tattoos may be considered unprofessional, but calling you a heroin addict just for wearing a jacket was completely unethical.

patacus 14

should of explained it to her.

Visible tattoos disqualify you from all but the hottest and sweatiest of jobs. But isn't the rebellion part of the reason for the tats? There's a trade off for everything. The heroin comment was dick though.

Roguekiss 4

This is the main reason i cant get a job either. It's bullshit. Not hiring someone bxc they have tattoos should be looked at as a from of racism. And you can say blah blah it's your fault for getting them anyways WELL WE DONT LIVE IN THE 1800s ANYMORE. Grow up. The worlds changing. Nobody really cared about tattoos anymore and those who do are dicks.

Racism is prejudice against a particular race, so how is not hiring someone because of having visible tattoos racism? Prejudice is the word I believe you were searching for. Since you chose to be a hipster and get a tattoo and no one forced you to, you shouldn't complain about the consequences. Comparing any perceived prejudice against people with tattoos with the systematic racism that many races have endured over the past 400 years is not just ignorant, it's insulting.

ReynshineCutting 10

Hey, guess what? Not everyone likes tattoos. That doesn't mean they need to "grow up". You chose to get them so quit bitching about the rest of the world. If you don't like how the rest of the world views tattoos, grow up yourself because the rest of the world isn't going to change to accept your view of them. God I am so ashamed to be a part of your generation.

That's discrimination and is illegal in most states(if you live in the u.s.) That sucks they just assumed something like that. Pretty messed up. :/

captainamelia 5

That was just mean. That lady should get a life that doesn't involve discriminating people with body art. I myself plan on getting an ankle braclet tattoo when I am of age. A ring of stars and moons, and just space type stuff, thats what I'm into, thats what I like, thats what I want to comemerate, and thats what I am. anyone who doesn't like that can go jump in a lake. not every person who has tattoo's is addicted to herion. People who think that are just wrong in their judgement.