By Protectress - 23/08/2011 06:50 - United States

Today, while going around trying to find a job, a manager came up to ask me, "Are you looking to work here?" I nodded happily, hoping this would be the end of my search. She looked me up and down, saw I had a jacket on to hide my tattoos and said, "Sorry, I can't hire heroin addicts." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 185
You deserved it 10 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stereotypical much? Wow, that would be a shitty manager to work for...

ramboman19 8

That is rude for her to assume you're a drug addict because of tattoos. Some tattooed people I know are the nicest and best workers ever.

Comments

meintx2001 1

I'm going to be judgmental too. It's hot as hell in most of Texas, so a jacket just might have looked very strange. Maybe a nice long sleeve shirt would have gotten a different response. And for those saying there is nothing wrong with visible tattoos, I agree. Except depending on what, where, and how large they are. And the fact that they detract from a professional appearance. So basically OP made a decision and now has to live with it. Maybe OP should have thought about how others would perceive her before getting tattooed up. But I'm going to bet at the time she thought she didn't care, it's her body and if she wants tats, she's going to get tats. Too bad. Surprise, not every one likes tats.

Some people are so rude and stereotypical

Some people are so rude and stereotypical.

kitsune3 20

Um...That's discrimination. It's against the law to refuse to hire someone on a basis like that. Sue that bitch.

unfortunately it's very difficult to prove in court...

yeah that's extremely hard to prove in court, particularly these days. There are far, far more people applying for jobs than there are available positions, which means employers can get pretty... ah, specific when it comes to hiring personnel.

It's a good thing that you're looking for a job. But isn't it obvious without saying that people should make themselves look properly instead of looking like a drug addicts? I suggest that you should wear long sleeves shirt next time. I knew some people don't care about how you dressed when you're going for a job, but some do care. So if you choose to take the risk, accept the outcome.

She should definitely not judge people by appearance . Oh well , Karmas a bitch !

sexckendra 0

Wat a bitch I would kick her ass

So why did you get tattoos that you would then have to hide?

tdpreiss 0

You know you can sue him for that