By sashimi9999 - 07/02/2014 01:32 - United States - Salinas

Today, while cleaning a carpet in my house, something in it sliced my foot. I couldn't find what it was, so I went to clean the wound. 10 minutes later, I sliced my foot again on the same thing. I still can't figure out what it was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 241
You deserved it 5 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

746278Ab 14

That's terrible! Dig up all your carpets or get them cleaned professionally! Good luck! Or maybe wear shoes!

Maybe you shouldn't walk there without shoes then.

Comments

That's happened to me before too. Closer inspection showed, it was the carpet tack strip.

Ouch!!! Time to get a new carpet!!!

achilds23 6

make someone else clean it next time and watch where they cut themself and you'll know where it is

You should wear shoes and take a magnet over the carpet

my old apartment had this issue too- its the nails in the carpet that keep it fixed to the floor, and it tends to happen around the boundaries between carpet and door not sure how to fix it though

Carpet tacks. Little strips of wood or cardboard with a shitload of tiny square nails facing upward. Supposed to be used only at the borders of rooms, concealed under trim and thresh-hold, some idiot contractors throw them down in the middle of rooms with an extra layer of foam to bind together different pieces of carpet, rather than using the correct binders, which are sometimes metal clips. Those metal clips are also a potential culprit, if one got itself nicked by a vacuum or furniture piece.

Yes, I'm thinking tack strip/gripper bar. Google it and look at the images - you'll see how evil these look.

Next time you feel it let it dig in real deep so you can pull it out with your foot

Might have been a nail or staple in the carpet. The same thing happened to me at my parents apartment a few times.

I dont even know, maybe just wear shoes until you fix your carpet.

Ive done that before, found out it was a staple. Take a magnifying glass and look closely in the place where you keep slicing your foot... Its like "find the penis"; you have to get on your hands and knees and look in carpet, but looking for whatever cut your foot is non sexual and you don't have to worry about making a poor bloke embarrassed or let down when you cant find it. :) Happy Hunting!