By sashimi9999 - 07/02/2014 01:32 - United States - Salinas

Today, while cleaning a carpet in my house, something in it sliced my foot. I couldn't find what it was, so I went to clean the wound. 10 minutes later, I sliced my foot again on the same thing. I still can't figure out what it was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 241
You deserved it 5 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

746278Ab 14

That's terrible! Dig up all your carpets or get them cleaned professionally! Good luck! Or maybe wear shoes!

Maybe you shouldn't walk there without shoes then.

Comments

If something invisible sliced my foot, I'd probably put shoes on before I stepped on it again. But that's just me.

They use staples to install the carpet, an sometimes one end comes loose and sticks up in the air. It won't vacuum up, you have to run your hands slowly across the area to find it then pull it out with pliers.

Eh, I wouldn't worry. It was probably just dust mite ninjas protecting their home. Lose the cleaning equipment and you should be fine.

middlenamefrank 8

Next time make SURE they're dead before burying them in the basement.

stuff like that used to happen to me all of the time.

This happened to me a few times. Turns out it was a nail, but unable to see it because of the carpet. when you applied pressure to the carpet it compacted and the nail stuck through

Maybe it's one of those nail/tac like things that hold the carpet to the pad below. Just very, very carefully feel around with your hands and pull it out.

EphMi 5

sounds like Chucky has found a new home!

Get a professional to look at it and try to stay out of that room!

Maybe a nail or something hiding in the carpet, coming from underneath?