By pissedinSwiss - 17/07/2009 15:01 - Switzerland

Today, while backpacking in Switzerland I had my camera stolen. Not only does this have photos of my entire trip but the pictures I took for my best friend's wedding. I was the only photographer of her elopement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 127
You deserved it 12 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you were the photographer at the wedding, it should have been your uttermost and foremost responsibility to get those pictures safe and store in multiple copies. Sorry for your camera, that part is FML, but the wedding pictures are YDI.

always back up if you can. but this totally ******* sucks.

Comments

YDI for not keeping better care of the pictures. Really, when you're dealing with other people's events you need to make a backup copy within the same day , especially for something like a wedding. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you found out that somebody lost the only pictures from your wedding.

you deserve it for not uploading the pictures. But it sucks you got your camera stolen.

fmlgal 0

http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/ look for your pix no one deserves this

if being a photographer is your job (i assume it is) you should have a work/professional camera and also a personal/leisure camera

FYL for sure and YDI for not having the pictures dumped earlier on another device... :) There is always a chance some ass steals your camera so if you have important pictures then you should make backups ASAP... :) *stops swiinging his finger now* :P

I got the impression the OP was backpacking with the friends when they eloped. In that case, it may not have been possible to back up. BTW, I love how everyone expects OPs to explain every detail when there's a character limit.

If you were taking pictures that were that important, you really should have taken precautions, like using one memory card/film roll for the elopement and one for your trip. Or given the couple the memory stick/film roll with their photos on them while you backpacked. This is all assuming of course it wasn't a last minute decision and you just happened to be there for the occasion. If that is the case, you really should have taken the stick or roll out of the camera and put it somewhere safe. And taken batter care of your camera so it wouldn't get stolen. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20. But still YDI for not being more careful with other people's priceless memories, and FYL for the whole situation and having a camera stolen. People are low.

always make back-ups of important pictures.