By pissedinSwiss - 17/07/2009 15:01 - Switzerland

Today, while backpacking in Switzerland I had my camera stolen. Not only does this have photos of my entire trip but the pictures I took for my best friend's wedding. I was the only photographer of her elopement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 127
You deserved it 12 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you were the photographer at the wedding, it should have been your uttermost and foremost responsibility to get those pictures safe and store in multiple copies. Sorry for your camera, that part is FML, but the wedding pictures are YDI.

always back up if you can. but this totally ******* sucks.

Comments

There's nothing wrong with her friend eloping... It certainly doesn't mean she deserves to have her wedding photos stolen. Not everyone wants - or can afford - a big ridiculous showy wedding with five photographers and a few hundred guests. Geez... OP: It sucks that this happened. I'm an amateur photographer and I know I'd hate if I lost my pictures (not to mention my camera!). But that's the very reason I put any important photos on my computer immediately, so if something WERE to happen to my camera, at least I would still have the pictures. And I also watch my camera very closely when I'm out. I don't know the circumstances of the theft, but you have to be REALLY careful of your valuables, especially when traveling. So both FYL and YDI.

There is a website called "i found your camera" or some such. Maybe you can get it back?

You really should've put her wedding photos on your computer before you went on vacation...

YDI. Had to learn the hard way to always back your stuff up

aaaaa12345_fml 0

It sucks that your camera was stolen, but YDI. You really should have backed them up or, in the case of a non-digital camera, developed and stored them before leaving.

This stuff happens! It's really bad. My ex was the photographer at my dad's best friend's wedding. We came back from the wedding & we stayed at my parents' house for the night, as it was late & we were both a bit drunk (as happens at weddings). My mum got the pet hamster out, which proceeded to ignore all the treats she put out for it, got into the ex's work bag (with his laptop in, containing the sole copies of ALL 800 WEDDING PICS) & chewed the shit out the power cable to the laptop. We had to order him new stuff, just so he could get the pics off. Safe to say, he wasn't too keen on the the hamster after that. Funny thing is, his work bag has some M&Ms, half a Mars bar and some crisps in it. She totally ignored them and went straight for the electronics.

ehh pictures are way overrated anyway.