By lifeguard down - 01/08/2010 04:23 - United States

Today, while at work I tripped and fell in the pool while moving a waste basket. I nearly drowned and had to be saved. I don't know which is worse the fact that I nearly drowned or the fact that I'm a lifeguard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 706
You deserved it 13 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BRBsummer 9

If you knew you couldn't swim then why are you a lifeguard?

inmarrr 0

Comments

Your the lifeguard? Shouldn't you know how to swim and get yourself out of that type of situation?

moemoney8888 7

How did you get to be a lifeguard if you couldn't save yourself...

jew_lala 11

OP I am a lifeguard and from personal experience you have to be a damn good swimmer to pass the test to become one. Therefore unless you hit your head and was disoriented you wouldnt have begun to drown as water is your second home! I deem this story made up due to facts not adding up!

don't feel bad ... I'm a lifeguard too and I almost did something like that ... we aren't immune to drowning lol

emmer132010 9

I really want to say YDI and that even if injured, you should still be able to survival float but during our recertification I once got two charlie horses whilst in the water. Despite my ability to swim with just my arms if necessary, I gasped and sank like a rock. It was very painful and I didn't have time to really think before my fellows had pulled me up. Perhaps just FML for the embarrassment? That's how I felt.

how can you be a lifeguard if you can't swim? I don't get this.

randybryant799 20

If you're a lifeguard why did you have to be saved? I don't get it.