By lonely - 01/08/2010 04:10 - United States

Today, my dad brought me home after I was in the hospital for a week. He gets me to my room, hands me a glass of water and some granola bars, then leaves me on my own so he can go play golf. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 750
You deserved it 4 044

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he not only brought you home, but also gave you some sustenance. Maybe I'm just odd, but I wouldn't expect my Dad to stay with me if I was alright. I mean, if you were unable to carry on by yourself, like you just had surgery and were not able to move or some similar scenario, then that's ****** up. Other than that, it really doesn't sound too bad.

monnanon 13

OP your dad shouldn't have left you on your own, he doesn't need to sit and hold your hand or anything but he at least needs to be in shouting distance incase something happens. Golf is just a waste of a good walk anyways, I'm sure it could have waited.

Comments

I don't understand the FML, you want your dad to read you a story or something?

Kiill3rQu33n16 0

well...was he supposed to stay there and do your every single command?? I didn't think so... granola bars are the shizz, you better appreciate!!!

I don't think this is an FML, the whole point of getting out of the hospital is that you're not sick anymore. But still, he should have stayed there in case anything happened.

It's funny because you don't appreciate granola bars

#46 just because you get out of the hospital doesn't mean you're not sick or in need of help still.

its funny because he rather play golf than be with you

17, op is saying tht their dad didn't care enough to stay and spend time with them, especially since op just got outta the hospital. be a little more deep..

at least he did all that. instead of making u find ur own way home

@46: You get out of the hospital when your insurance company doesn't want to pay for your stay anymore. And all of you Canadians and Europeans can suck it: I know your nationalized healthcare would've covered this, but at least we don't tax our citizens to death.

It's called survival of the fittest. :-) JK - I know our system is far from perfect, but we're working on it.

zakkyzebra 11

atleast he cares enough to come pick you up from the hospital and gives you food rather than having to walk 27 miles back home because the hospital kicks you out. You selfish ******' brat.

#82, shut the **** up, you pathetic waste of a living being. let's see how you'd feel when you're stuck in the hospital for a week with no one to visit you, you ugly, diseased prick

Bitch please. You have granola bars; your life is not ****** in any way.

If only he threw in some yogurt along with them.

cheergirly16 0

How do you not know wut granola bars are....:(^^

lol i feel your pain except mine was when i was in hospital showing my sisters mother in law around was more important than comming and seeing me for longer than 5 mins each day for a week!!

@cheergirly16: I don't think they have them where he lives.

haha ya bro break it down granola and bars. ie: bars made from granola. durp!

lol my bad bro, didn't realize, oh well no harm done I suppose.

What do you sillynannies call them, pendatik? Nut biscuits? :P

monnanon 13

I dont know what they are called in England (pedantik mentioned he was English) but in Scotland we do have granola bars but we have loads of different types of them and granola bars is more of a brand than a name for them all

At least he not only brought you home, but also gave you some sustenance. Maybe I'm just odd, but I wouldn't expect my Dad to stay with me if I was alright. I mean, if you were unable to carry on by yourself, like you just had surgery and were not able to move or some similar scenario, then that's ****** up. Other than that, it really doesn't sound too bad.

Considering the OP was in the hospital for a WEEK, it must have been pretty serious. Some major surgeries only require the patient to be in the hospital overnight, two at most. A week says a lot. If he had to help her to her room, as the story says, it might have been something pretty bad. I can maybe see my dad doing just this, but that doesn't make it alright.

It could be anything really. People are in the hospital for longer periods of time for reasons other than extremely serious issues. I personally don't know of any examples off the top of my head, but I have heard of others talking about it.

Well, if it wasn't so serious, spending a week in the hospital is still pretty expensive. If it was pretty minor, or not so serious, my dad would be pushing me out of the hospital as fast as he could. I spent the night in the hospital two years ago and I couldn't believe how much it cost. Anyway, I still stand by the dad getting the OP to her room as a sign that there was something more than something like a broken bone. I can't think of any good reason why someone would stay for more than two days if it wasn't ~serious~.

hockeyplayer82 0

I just had surgery and I was in the hospital for 4 days and when i went home I could barely move without extreme pain, so something requiring 1 week probably is painful to do anything right now. I feel your pain OP

hockeyplayer82 0

I was out of the hospital very quickly for the surgery I had(probably cuz of insurance) so that probably contributed to the pain.

sorry to hear that guys, but what's the most the dad can do? hovering over OP will probably just irritate him more.

When I had my spinal fusion, I only spent 3 days in the hospital. I couldn't make it to or stabilize myself on the toilet for 2 weeks by myself. Granted, spinal surgeries have a notoriously difficult recovery. I also found out later that my surgeon was a fucktard and used an outdated procedure, causing lots of unnecessary scar tissue and slowing recovery. ò.ó Anyway, my point is that even if OP didn't have major surgery, anything bad enough to land her on the hospital for a week is bound to cause mobility issues (unless she has kickass insurance). Just laying in a hospital bed and eating that shitty food can make you weak. Aside from probably needing help, someone so recently discharged should be supervised in case any complications develop. It's less a matter of comfort than it is of common sense.

bitch_pleez 10

I agree with OP's dad. Golf is better than sitting there watching someone in pain who most likely doesn't want you there anyway. Besides if it was my kid they would be used to me leaving them alone to golf.

trumpetGIRL12345 0

well idk what to say that sucks

yeah i agree with #5 Op if it aint serious stop yer beatchin

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

maybe you should quit complaining. you already said you were in the hospital for a week. wasn't that enough time of people waiting on you hand and foot?!?