By Anonymous - 19/10/2009 07:10 - Indonesia

Today, when I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 years, she said no because she thought we were moving too fast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 785
You deserved it 3 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try again at ten, maybe it's her lucky number. >_>

Comments

Time to end it. 8 years and that's too fast, probably a subtle way of her saying, "I don't want to marry you." FYL, but move on.

who the **** cares about marriage? seriously... all it is, is the government and church acknowledging your relationship.

Well, it does come with a number of legal and financial benefits, particularly if children become involved. Coverage under the spouse's insurance and such. Just saying. I still respect the fact that marriage is not for everyone, and that it's not a requirement for a loving, long term or lifelong relationship.

Better that you find out her personality quirks now than later in life though.

After 8 years, if she says no, you can pretty much bet she just doesn't want to marry you. Ever.

Always_Abby 0

I would say it depends on how old you are now. Although, it still may be a hint that she's waiting for someone else to come along. Good luck OP.

Definitely break up with her. If she wouldn't want to get married after dating for 8 years then she probably never wants to actually commit to you, so you're better off just moving on. Hard I know, but that's for the best. You're better off with someone who actually wants to be married to you, not just get as close to marriage as possible without making any real commitment.

Sun_Kissed18 25

He probably waited that long because he knows she likes to take things slow but he figured she would be ready after 8 years... guess not :/

Statistics show that after 3 years, every year you are together the chances of you getting married just keep going down. If she doesn't want to marry you after 8 years, chances are she never will.

damn dude thats a lame excuse she came up with