By mybmw - 14/10/2009 10:39 - United States

Today, was my mom's birthday. I recently got my first job, thanks to her, and could finally afford to buy her something nice. I spent my first paycheck ever on buying her a very nice bracelet. She said it was nice, then asked if I would mind if she exchanged it for one she actually liked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 001
You deserved it 4 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least she will pick herself up something she will actually wear,better then having it lying around in her room...still ungrateful thi!!

I've given plenty of jewelry for women in the past (mother, sister, girlfriend). Personally, I would rather them say something like this to me than wear something they do not like! You have given your Mom a gift that she is grateful for no doubt - just because she has a different personal preference does not take away from that!

Comments

why is this an FML? how is your life ******? Whats the big deal? You suck at picking out jewelry, like the rest of us. Let the poor woman enjoy a gift she likes after saving your ass.

sparxva 12

How is this an FML? You just went from not having any money to not having a sense of your mother's taste. Let the woman pick her own jewelry, whiner.

From now on only buy her things you want for yourself, like a baseball glove. Then she won't have to exchange them.

Chill, this is normal. I don't think I've ever even *heard* of a woman not exchanging jewelry for something else. She didn't expect you to get something she'd like. It's the thought that counts.

satanstoystore 0

oh boohoo. did she criticize your refridgerator art too? grow up!

...not that big of a deal. she loved the gesture but there probably was one she had her eye on. it happens. grow up

How is that an FML, unless you are cursing your bad taste in jewelry?

This is really not an FML sorry. She said it was nice, but she would prefer a different one.

she did the right thing. you're a guy, don't be upset because you're not an expert on the tastes of a woman over 30.