By Anonymous - 10/02/2016 16:57 - United States - Avon

Today, there was an issue with the sewage system at work. It smelled like somebody took a turd, left it in the sun to marinate, threw up on it, then put in the air conditioning to fill the store with nauseating stink. I nearly threw up multiple times because we weren't allowed to leave early. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 296
You deserved it 1 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I will legitimately come to your house and decapitate you if you even ******* dare to write a 'shitty situation' pun ._. This is srious busnss

Throw up in front of your boss... Maybe this way him or her let you go.

Comments

Oh, that does suck. I can relate OP. I worked at a hotel and the sewage system would constantly act up causing the entire front desk section to reek. Guest would check in and I had to pretend like I didn't smell anything. But I knew what they were thinking. I mean, I didn't blame them, it did smell like a fart only satan himself could blow out of his asshole.

That's a health concern you are legally allowed to leave.

Wait, but how do you know what the doctor said if you have "hearing loss"?

Had the same problem at our school in the kitchen, they still served lunch, and made everyone stay.

countryb_cth 38

My school had that happen as well. However they told us to go home. That sucks they made you stay.

andrmac 25

I would have called the board of health for your city they would have shut you down being a store to the public until the smell from whatever is gone.

When in doubt, sue! Really though that is an unreasonably hazardous work environment which you were most likely not trained to handle. On those grounds you have the right to refuse to work. And if they fire you, you can sue, and win... Easily.

Oh god, that would make me regret everything I ate that day.

mariri9206 32

That sucks, OP. I can SO relate! Where I work, my department is on the lower level so, sometimes, we (my coworkers and I) have to deal with sewage smells. Additionally, there's an underground entrance from the trains so we also have to deal with homeless people and the like. Yes, some smell like pee.

"Honey, I'm home!" "How was work today?" "It stunk!"