By KCHS - 11/12/2014 18:20 - United States

Today, the power went out at school. As a senior, I don't show up until third period. When I got there, I signed in as usual. The office secretary waited until I signed in to tell me that if I hadn't, I wouldn't have to attend classes that day. Now I have to sit in class doing nothing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 066
You deserved it 3 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nadene52 12

And that's when you cross out your name from the sign in sheet and go home.

That's kind of a dick move on her part.. Sorry OP! Hopefully the rest of your day was not as boring as you predicted

Comments

At my school I never had to sign in when I came late or didn't have class... I just showed up to my next class and everything was fine. It's weird to me that you'd have to sign in. But hey, I did everything wrong in high school so that probably explains my confusion!

Sleep all day. That's what I would've done. Lol.

i dont understand why you couldnt just leave? people say security but wtf if theres no classes why would they force you to stay? very stupid and american sounding policy.

Don't schools have automatic generators? I go to a public school on Long Island and they all do here.

Why can't they still teach without power? Do teachers NEED powerpoints or something?

Generally high school occurs during the day so it would be lit enough to see. A good teacher should always be able to teach even if their computer fails. You need to be creative and knowledgable in your subject as a teacher.

@45 Not all high schools are set up with classrooms on the outer rim of the school... plenty of rooms at my school had no windows at all (it was a two story rectangular building) so if the power went out we'd be literally sitting in the dark. It's not necessarily a matter of teachers being lost without computers, but being unable to see the material to teach. Would you want a science teacher playing with chemicals in dim or no lighting?

Your school is stupid, mine just has courtyards that have gardens and a pond

51. If that is the case here, then the teachers should be creative, have class outside depending on whether, join with another class who has windows and have some group work or discussions, have a movie day with educational films, etc...

Have a movie day with educational films with... the power that's not on?

we thought are power was going to go out yesterday and since their are no windows and the generator cant power all lights, just hall lights and essential stuff, if the power went out we were going to go into the hall and do math on white boards.

How can you not have windows, and why wouldn't they just put in a bigger or second generator

Some of you are saying have school outside for a day... Do you not realize it's winter right now? And the highschool I went to has plenty of rooms with no windows, same with my college. Not every room can have a magic courtyard outside of it.

Don't design it as a square you can have different wings or courtyards. My school on Long Island has 2 courtyards and 5 wings, some of which interconnect.

At my old HS if the power was out for... over an hour, I believe, we could leave. I never left because it would count as an absence xD

How did the logic go there? Your first sentance makes it sound as if you are allowed to leave after an hour, but your second sentance indicates that you'd get marked down as absent if you do.

Reminds me a lot of that episode on Everybody Hates Chris.

My power went out in school yesterday as well! However I only got to miss 5 whole minutes of class.

TallMist 32

5 whole minutes can feel like a life time.