By tgpgs - 19/01/2011 14:55

Today, at work, I spent half an hour on the phone with a customer. At the end of the conversation, as he was putting down the phone, I heard him say 'God, he was a miserable git'. I'm a 28 year old woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 141
You deserved it 3 979

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry that happened. I've worked phone customer service before, customers can be so rude sometimes. No wonder you didn't sound cheery! And the only reason he thought you sounded male was because he wasn't listening. You even say your name at the start of the call! How stupid is he? It's all on him, don't take it personally.

Ninjafriends 1

Hey, you have a manly voice, who cares. It's not something you can control. However, you're still a miserable git.

Comments

Aw, poor you. Must suck having a manly voice.

You breed them with the alpha, and you got yourself a nice healthy litter of pups.  That's what you meant, right?

machiko, at least she doesn't have a manly penis like you

I'm sorry that happened. I've worked phone customer service before, customers can be so rude sometimes. No wonder you didn't sound cheery! And the only reason he thought you sounded male was because he wasn't listening. You even say your name at the start of the call! How stupid is he? It's all on him, don't take it personally.

If their name is something androgenous like Sam then it won't help place the gender at all

stonergirl411 0

and most places too your not giving your real name so shit heads cant stalk you

Ninjafriends 1

Hey, you have a manly voice, who cares. It's not something you can control. However, you're still a miserable git.

perdix 29

After listening to NPR, there are so many "femmy"-sounding men that the distinction between male and female voices is getting blurry. The least of your problems is the gender confusion. Being a git is the worst of your problems followed closely by being a miserable one at that.

Sucks that he called you a git, but there is no real need to worry about the 'he'. People use improper personal pronouns all the time. Just because the customer used the word he instead of she does not mean he is stupid or sexist. Okay, dude?

Lay off the testosterone pills That nice thick mustache should be your first warning sign haha

Haha that sucks. But don't worry about it the dude was just a jerk.

Just go home after work, have a nice bath and a glass of wine, and scratch your balls for a while. You'll feel better, I promise.

ninjanate 0

leave it to docbastard for making a funny comment

sourgirl101 28

Leave it up to nathan5 to think ninjande is kissing ass, when he is in fact just leaving it up to DocBastard to make a funny comment.

sourgirl101 28

Leave it up to nathan5 to leave^ this comment and break the combo. Good job! (:lol

People's voices can sound different on different phones. I've borrowed strangers' and friends' phones before to make calls, and some of my girl friends have sounded less than girly on them. And if you have a name that could be a guy or girl's name, that just makes the problem even worse. I wouldn't worry too much about it OP, it sounds like this is the first time it's happened :)