By arrow - 23/02/2016 20:39 - United States - Pomona

Today, the officers of my archery club forgot to check if anybody was behind the targets looking for arrows. I got hit in the leg. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 644
You deserved it 2 008

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"I used to be an archer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."

This sounds like the beginning of a bad Skyrim joke...

Comments

Really? The first comment, and it's something of this idiotic nature?

I used to be good in archery club. Then I took an arrow to the knee...

I use to be good in an archery club, but then someone stole my sweetroll.

I used to be good in archery club, but then i drank skooma

Oooohh, that is so not cool OP! I hope they did something to make it up to you!

And still, OP was lucky it was just his leg being hit. Head or torso would have been way worse. Yeah, I, too, hope that they will find a way to make it up for OP, and prevent it from happening again.

"I used to be an archer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."

It's an arrow in* the knee. That's always been a pet peeve of mine. Either way it's Nordic custom (in real life and skyrim) to say that instead of,"getting married"

I'm so happy you saw it and took it. I will never tire of this joke.

Did it pierce the skin or anything? Hope you're alright!

Unless they were toy arrows (the kind with a suction cup tip), given the force needed to make an arrow travel the distance to most targets at standard ranges, it's a pretty safe bet that it did.

No, not at all. It simply caressed op's skin, I'm sure.

Even if it wasnt an arrow with a crazy killer tip on it...My boyfriend got shot in the leg with a blunt practice arrow. It still went the whole way through and he still has nerve damage from it. Was a pretty serious injury.

Since his skin is made of impenetrable adamantium that developed at a young age, he was easily able to deflect the aerodynamically sharpened weapon traveling at 200 mph. Yup, not even a scratch.

Shade0000 9

The arrow could've grazed the skin. If it was a broadhead, it's gotta be 10x worse, especially if it's a quad blade head.

You could probably sue them for that. That's negligence.

Thats what i was thinking. I know very little about archery but if it were a gun range for sure lawsuits would be made.

If it were a gun range they would probably be shut down and jailed. You can also almost garuntee that they would lose their FFL, assuming they have one.

It's an injury caused by negligence of the people who are supposed to make sure someone isn't hurt, this is literally the perfect time to sue--if only to cover medical bills. Which they should've doing anyway, since it's THEIR fault OP was injured.

MasterTron 24

I'd give you a cookie but I took an arrow to the knee